Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Mansion tax?
Posted by: Charles Campbell
Date/Time: 08/10/14 16:17:00

Hi Richard,
They are subject to tax on rental income as well as other income.  See below:

Rental income from property in the UK

If you're not resident but still receive rental income from the UK, you will pay UK tax on that income.

This type of income is dealt with by HMRC Non-resident Landlord Scheme. The scheme requires either your tenant or your letting agent to deduct basic rate tax from the rental income they pay to you if your usual home is outside the UK. You may need to complete a tax return to tell HMRC about the rental income and the tax already paid. You can make an application to receive rental income with no tax deducted when the rental income is paid to you but you will still be liable for the tax due . Find out more in the guide below.

The Non-resident Landlord Scheme

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Mansion tax?07/10/14 15:59:00 Katrina Black
   Re:Mansion tax?07/10/14 16:17:00 Richard Greenhough
      Re:Re:Mansion tax?07/10/14 21:01:00 Katrina Black
      Re:Re:Mansion tax?07/10/14 21:30:00 Julian Pavey
   Re:Mansion tax?07/10/14 21:22:00 Richard Jennings
      Re:Re:Mansion tax?08/10/14 16:17:00 Charles Campbell
      Re:Re:Mansion tax?08/10/14 21:37:00 Ed Yelland
   Re:Mansion tax?07/10/14 22:26:00 Keith Iddon
      Re:Re:Mansion tax?07/10/14 22:48:00 Dave William
   Re:Mansion tax?08/10/14 20:52:00 Katrina Black
      Re:Re:Mansion tax?09/10/14 10:01:00 Sam Hearn
         Re:Re:Re:Mansion tax?10/10/14 18:17:00 Katrina Black
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Mansion tax?10/10/14 22:57:00 Charles Campbell
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Mansion tax?10/10/14 23:18:00 David Roberts

Forum Home