Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Re:Re:Adam Beamish and the planning process
Posted by: Adam Beamish
Date/Time: 24/11/14 12:28:00

Thanks to John Connelly and Richard for their posts.

Just to be clear, as if it wasn't obvious already, I post on this forum as, yes, a local resident.  Yes I happen to be a professional town planner, but I'm also a local resident.  I have no professional mandate when I post on this forum, and I'm often at pains to distinguish between my personal view and my professional knowledge, which aren't always in harmony with each other. 

Furthermore, as I only recently stated on this forum, if I am professionally instructed on any scheme that is raised on this forum, I wouldn't post at all about it, because my client wouldn't be paying me to do so, and it would be impossible for readers to distinguish whether I was posting as a local resident or as an employed planning consultant. 

I did a search on my name to review some of my previous postings, and back in August this year on this very same development I wrote :

----------------
"As I said earlier, I must confess that it's actually quite 'nice' to read posts from the general public who have studied an application in some depth and are aware of what can and can't be taken into consideration and what weight is likely to be attached - because in the same way the public often see developers as evil baddies, equally developers often label residents as NIMBIES, and this thread illustrates neither is, on the whole, accurate (with the inevitable occasional exception of course !)."
--------------------

There's also been times I've posted on both this forum and Brentford TW8 being critical of professionals, both in planning and in other spheres, and on TW8 I have also that at least one development (the new Music Museum) which I must have sat in some Senior Management Meetings about whilst I was employed at LBH looks awful and I'm surprised I didn't criticise this at the time.

So the evidence of my own postings on these forums doesn't suggest that I want a planning system without the involvement of the general public.  Again, just to be absolutely clear if it isn't already, I don't want that.

Additionally, what I appreciate many people will not know is that I had a very short spell at one local authority where the Director and other management thought it perfectly fit to cover up the previous shortcomings of the department (e.g. committees authorising enforcement notices and then the staff not issuing those notices and the unauthorised developments then becoming immune from enforcement action) by misleading the public.  After 9 weeks of working there I was told to do something which would have been misleading the public, and I point blank refused, cue suspension, disciplinary hearing, at which point I was paid off as clearly on the one hand I'd done nothing wrong, yet on the other that particular Council didn't want me back.

My principles, both as a person, as in my professional life as a member of the Royal Town Planning Institute, are important to me.

So why do some people think they have the right, without any evidence to back up a supposed statement of fact, can make the unsubstantiated claim against me that they do, and arguably even worse when they are asked to prove it actually has the temerity to accuse me of being 'childish' ?.  I'm all for healthy debate, I'm all for disagreements about subjective issues, I'm happy to point out the relevant legislation, legal remit etc. purely to offer clarity and advice, but I'm not prepared to sit back and let people make false claims about me.

Having to the best of my knowledge never met Paul, and in light of his rather personal attack on John Connelly for again merely repeating statements of fact, I'm bemused as to why he should want to make up claims about me.

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Empire House Development17/11/14 18:18:00 Julian Pavey
   Re:Empire House Development17/11/14 18:18:00 Julian Pavey
      Re:Re:Empire House Development17/11/14 18:23:00 Gordon McDonald
         Re:Re:Re:Empire House Development17/11/14 18:37:00 Julian Pavey
         Re:Re:Re:Empire House Development17/11/14 18:37:00 Claire Moran
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Empire House Development17/11/14 18:47:00 Loraine Pemberton
         Re:Re:Re:Empire House Development17/11/14 18:45:00 Carl Wynne
      Re:Re:Empire House Development17/11/14 21:39:00 Richard Jennings
   Re:Empire House Development17/11/14 23:53:00 Thomas Barry
      Re:Re:Empire House Development17/11/14 23:57:00 Anna Marie
      Re:Re:Empire House Development18/11/14 00:08:00 Anna Marie
         Re:Re:Re:Empire House Development18/11/14 01:41:00 Karen Liebreich
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Empire House Development18/11/14 06:51:00 Paul Corcoran
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Empire House Development18/11/14 08:29:00 Elizabeth Ross
                  Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Empire House Development18/11/14 08:44:00 Elizabeth Ross
                     Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Empire House Development18/11/14 08:49:00 Elizabeth Ross
                        Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Empire House Development19/11/14 05:39:00 Elizabeth Ross
                           Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Empire House Development19/11/14 09:59:00 Jonathan Bingham
                              Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Empire House Development19/11/14 10:10:00 Elizabeth Ross
                                 Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Empire House Development19/11/14 11:05:00 Jonathan Bingham
                                    Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Empire House Development19/11/14 13:58:00 Elizabeth Ross
                                       Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Empire House Development19/11/14 14:12:00 Elizabeth Ross
                                          Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Empire House Development19/11/14 14:20:00 Richard Greenhough
                                       Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Empire House Development19/11/14 14:47:00 Claudia Jachtmann
                                          Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Empire House Development19/11/14 15:31:00 Dave William
                                       Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Empire House Development19/11/14 19:28:00 Carl Wynne
                                          Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Empire House Development22/11/14 10:07:00 Andrew OSullivan
                                             Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Empire House Development22/11/14 22:28:00 Jonathan Bingham
                                                Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Empire House Development23/11/14 09:01:00 Paul Corcoran
                                                   Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Empire House Development23/11/14 10:06:00 Adam Beamish
                                                      Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Empire House Development23/11/14 12:33:00 Elizabeth Ross
                                                         Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Empire House Development23/11/14 12:37:00 Carl Wynne
                                                            Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Empire House Development23/11/14 14:37:00 Claire Moran
                                                      Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Empire House Development23/11/14 15:04:00 Paul Corcoran
                                                         Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Empire House Development23/11/14 16:09:00 Adam Beamish
                                                            Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Empire House Development23/11/14 21:31:00 Francis Rowe
                                                               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Empire House Development23/11/14 22:42:00 Adam Beamish
                                                                  Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Empire House Development24/11/14 00:07:00 John Connelly
                                                                     Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Empire House Development24/11/14 01:03:00 Kathleen Healy
                                                                     The planning process24/11/14 07:59:00 John Todd
                                                                        Adam Beamish and the planning process24/11/14 08:13:00 Francis Rowe
                                                                           Re:Adam Beamish and the planning process24/11/14 10:02:00 Paul Corcoran
                                                                              What has party politics got to do with it?24/11/14 11:23:00 Jonathan Bingham
                                                                           Re:Adam Beamish and the planning process24/11/14 10:05:00 Richard Greenhough
                                                                              Re:Re:Adam Beamish and the planning process24/11/14 10:15:00 Francis Rowe
                                                                                 Re:Re:Re:Adam Beamish and the planning process24/11/14 10:53:00 Richard Greenhough
                                                                                    Re:Re:Re:Re:Adam Beamish and the planning process24/11/14 12:28:00 Adam Beamish

Forum Home