Forum Message

Topic: Vodafone!
Posted by: Bradley Cheek
Date/Time: 11/12/13 10:31:00

Back in February of this year, I bought an iPhone through Vodafone and this was the worst decision that I have ever made. Since then, it has been a catalogue of the worst customer service I have ever witnessed, a catalogue of lies and a series of the most incompetent people that I have ever had to deal with.
As a new customer, Vodafone told me that they would only be able to deliver the phone to my home address (alarm bells should have rung at this point!!). As they only deliver Monday to Saturday and I work Monday to Saturday, I had to take the Saturday off to wait for my delivery. That’s a loss of earnings because Vodafone don’t understand or respect customers’ needs and/or commitments.
I waited patiently at home but when it got to 3pm I thought that I had better check up on the delivery on my new phone. I called their customer services department and was told that my phone “would not be delivered today” and not much of an apology was offered. What a waste of a day!! I was then told that I could go to my nearest store and collect a handset. The gentleman explained that he would put all the notes on my account so it would be a simple collection.
I went to my closest store but it was no easy transaction, I can tell you! I ended up being there for a very difficult hour and a half …but at least I had a phone. Oh! But wait, it would not have the same number that I was issued with 3 days prior! The same number that I had given to all of my family and friends. Another huge inconvenience from Vodafone and for no reason as telephone numbers can be allocated and deleted from sim cards in a matter of minutes …but I suppose that means more work for Vodafone!

Further to all of the inconveniences and unbelievably, Vodafone explained that it was still too late to cancel the delivery of my first phone even thought it was only going to be delivered the following Saturday!!! Beggars belief but by now I should be getting used to their incompetence! Anyway, it was explained that if I don’t stay at home and refuse the delivery, I would end up having to pay for the second phone! Outraged, I had to take another Saturday off work and wait for their delivery. Again and furious, I sat at home and waited for the delivery which (as per their instruction) I refused.
It then took Vodafone 3 weeks to register the phone back to their warehouse however during this time they debited my bank account for two phone line rentals!! After several phone calls I was finally given my money back however they then disconnected the wrong phone! Unbelievable!!! It then took another several calls before they could get their head around their own incompetence and mistakes!! As I write all of this I am just dumbfounded at how unbelievably incompetent Vodafone is!! 
The next few months were pretty uneventful until I stupidly decided to get an iPad though them. I figured that it was next to impossible to experience any further issues but how wrong was I!
When I got the iPad, I figured that since I was paying for data on my phone and my iPad, I would cancel my home broadband subscription. I did this then realised that I don’t get a data (3G) signal in my flat. At all! I then called Vodafone twice, spoke to them on their online chat service twice and went in store twice and on all 6 occasions I was told that the signal in my postcode was good. It was only on the 7th time that I communicated this to Vodafone was I told that there was a problem with the 3G service in my area. I was blatantly lied to 6 times by Vodafone. Incompetent and now liars too!!
What followed then was a series of very long and fruitless phone calls and empty promises. I was told to keep monitoring the service and to let them know when it was working again!! Err, have you ever heard of anything more ridiculous and insulting?!!? That I should let them know when their service is up and running?? The same service that I am being overcharged for?!

Eventually, was give one month’s half price line rental and was told that the service should be up and running. Firstly, after all the lies, incompetence’s and shockingly disgusting customers services one month’s half price line rental is quite insulting! Furthermore, I still have not 3G service in my flat and I have now had to take out another broadband subscription because Vodafone can’t deliver!!
I have also tried to make contact with them over the past two weeks yet they appear to be blatantly ignoring me. I have asked for a call back from a manager 4 times now. On the 4th time I did get a call back but was cut off half way though and the woman didn’t even bother to call me back.
I also made a payment online and received an email thanking me for my payment only to discover that their system had failed them and the payment was not taken. I was told to wait a week and then call them again!!! Geez, Vodafone, outdone yourself again on the customer service! I then had to make a manual payment over the phone and was charged a late payment fee and a payment processing fee! Being charged for their mistakes again!!!! and again this took some weeks to be refunded!
During this time I also kept logging onto my account only to see that I owed £206. They had not bothered to allocate my last payment, they had not bothered to add the half price line rental credit and they had not credited the fees charged in error.  

It is now over a month later and despite all of the phone calls and emails, my online account still says that I owe £206, I still have no 3G service in my flat and despite several requests no one from Vodafone has bothered to call me to resolve this.          

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Vodafone!11/12/13 10:31:00 Bradley Cheek
   Re:Vodafone!11/12/13 10:38:00 Will Watson
      Re:Re:Vodafone!11/12/13 10:47:00 Gordon McDonald
   Re:Vodafone!11/12/13 10:50:00 Chris Martin
      Re:Re:Vodafone!11/12/13 11:37:00 Joe Conneely
         Re:Re:Re:Vodafone!11/12/13 16:16:00 Bradley Cheek
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Vodafone!11/12/13 16:23:00 Bradley Cheek
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Vodafone!11/12/13 21:49:00 Sam Alexander
                  Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Vodafone!12/12/13 08:11:00 Bradley Cheek
                     Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Vodafone!13/12/13 16:32:00 Charlotte Cappin
                        Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Vodafone!13/12/13 18:45:00 Pete Mayes
                           Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Vodafone!13/12/13 18:53:00 Claudia Jachtmann
                              Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Vodafone!08/11/15 16:57:00 Richard Greenhough
                              Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Vodafone!08/11/15 17:01:00 Claudia Jachtmann
                                 Re:Vodafone!09/11/15 08:21:00 Sarah Sharp
   Bump for Lou n/m22/11/15 17:22:00 Richard Greenhough

Forum Home