Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Came back from abroad to find car towed by Council - suggestions?
Posted by: Richard Jennings
Date/Time: 23/08/15 23:48:00

"They spelt the name of my road wrong as well! Would that make a difference?"

Only if it's wrong on the PCN too.

"I think I will probably get off the PCN - that is what I was told by the person from the Council."

Interesting.  As the PCN was on the car, the first opportunity to appeal is the "challenge", which is normally handled by Serco at Sheffield.  If that is rejected, you'd have to wait for the Notice to Owner to arrive by post, and send in a "representation" to the council.  You are more likely to get the PCN cancelled at that second stage which is normally handled in-house at Hounslow, but it means you lose the opportunity to pay at the reduced rate if you lose.

It's disgraceful if they moved your car but didn't log it on TRACE.  Did Hounslow eventually tell you where it was, or did you have to discover it yourself?

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Came back from abroad to find car towed by Council - suggestions?23/08/15 14:42:00 Jackie Elton
   Re:Came back from abroad to find car towed by Council - suggestions?23/08/15 14:51:00 Linda Leaney
   Re:Came back from abroad to find car towed by Council - suggestions?23/08/15 20:42:00 Richard Jennings
      Re:Came back from abroad to find car towed by Council - suggestions?23/08/15 23:12:00 Jackie Elton
         Re:Re:Came back from abroad to find car towed by Council - suggestions?23/08/15 23:48:00 Richard Jennings
            Re:Re:Re:Came back from abroad to find car towed by Council - suggestions?23/08/15 23:59:00 Jackie Elton

Forum Home