Forum Message

Topic: Came back from abroad to find car towed by Council - suggestions?
Posted by: Jackie Elton
Date/Time: 23/08/15 14:42:00

I went away on an extended trip from 29th July and returned on Friday.  There was road resurfacing and my car had disappeared from outside my house.  Notices had gone up in early August and I had a letter dated 31st  July.  But although I have a Resident Permit and have written to Serco/Hounslow many times, nobody thought to identify the car and phone or email me.

After a frantic 3 hours calling the council - fruitless voicemail sessions, I discovered that my car had been moved (not to a pound thanks heavens) and I was given a PCN which I am appealing.  Any thoughts about:

- how to ensure the appeal is successful and what happens if not
- did the Council act legally - was their notification system according to proper guidelines?
- can we get a more sensible system - longer notice. notify by email,so I can check on hounslow website for future works before I go?
- any possibility of compensation for removal without reasonable notification - it took ages to find out what had happened. Missed appointments etc

When will these people start to use email and accept that people go away during July and August and need appropriate notice.   Technically they gave about 12 days notice - letter sent 31st July - car towed 12 August.  Is that reasonable?

Only asking...

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Came back from abroad to find car towed by Council - suggestions?23/08/15 14:42:00 Jackie Elton
   Re:Came back from abroad to find car towed by Council - suggestions?23/08/15 14:51:00 Linda Leaney
   Re:Came back from abroad to find car towed by Council - suggestions?23/08/15 20:42:00 Richard Jennings
      Re:Came back from abroad to find car towed by Council - suggestions?23/08/15 23:12:00 Jackie Elton
         Re:Re:Came back from abroad to find car towed by Council - suggestions?23/08/15 23:48:00 Richard Jennings
            Re:Re:Re:Came back from abroad to find car towed by Council - suggestions?23/08/15 23:59:00 Jackie Elton

Forum Home