Forum Message

Topic: Re:Well I won't say which hospital coz i like 'em, but...........
Posted by: Philippa Bond
Date/Time: 19/07/15 13:40:00

Have not yet seen Discharge Notes that are correct.  Always have to check that the drugs correspond with the list because they don't always.  Always have to check that the District Nurse has been advised of the discharge because in the past it hasn't happened.  So even if it is OK I still now check as a result.

Don't think many actually read notes - which is a problem.  We still have the problem in that we expect them to have all the notes, have read them and know what they are talking about.  We need to be a bit more proactive but usually we sail along happily while fit and when we hit a problem it does rather knock the wind out of our sails - which is why everyone in hospital needs a friend.

Yes, it amazes me how some of the simple things like putting a patient's name up on the board whether just first name or both together with Consultant's name just doesn't seem to happen as part of being given a bed nowadays.  Not that long ago the names were up but for some reason the patients had changed bed spaces and the names had not been changed. It is the kind of thing that as a visitor I could easily have done but wouldn't dare to interfere in.

Then when you have been named as Nil By Mouth you are offered drinks....  which doesn't fill you with confidence as to teamwork.

It is teamwork that can be missing on the wards and they do struggle with students and lack of staff.

It isn't always though and it can be absolutely brilliant.

Re the bowel cancer tests they would probably get a better take-up rate if they didn't send them to you to arrive on your birthday.  Six months before or six months after would make them a less depressing invitation - and yes they could ask people to register online or by text as their timing is not good.

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Well I won't say which hospital coz i like 'em, but...........18/07/15 19:05:00 Alex Thomas
   Re:Well I won't say which hospital coz i like 'em, but...........18/07/15 21:47:00 Susan Kelly
      Re:Re:Well I won't say which hospital coz i like 'em, but...........19/07/15 01:18:00 Claire Moran
         Re:Re:Re:Well I won't say which hospital coz i like 'em, but...........19/07/15 09:10:00 Alex Thomas
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Well I won't say which hospital coz i like 'em, but...........19/07/15 09:24:00 Alex Thomas
         Re:Re:Re:Well I won't say which hospital coz i like 'em, but...........19/07/15 09:23:00 Susan Kelly
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Well I won't say which hospital coz i like 'em, but...........19/07/15 12:19:00 Claire Moran
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Well I won't say which hospital coz i like 'em, but...........19/07/15 12:45:00 Vanessa Smith
                  Re:Well I won't say which hospital coz i like 'em, but...........19/07/15 13:40:00 Philippa Bond
                     Re:Re:Well I won't say which hospital coz i like 'em, but...........19/07/15 15:32:00 Claire Moran
                     Re:Re:Well I won't say which hospital coz i like 'em, but...........19/07/15 17:00:00 Susan Kelly
                        Re:Re:Re:Well I won't say which hospital coz i like 'em, but...........19/07/15 17:07:00 Claire Moran
                           Re:Re:Re:Re:Well I won't say which hospital coz i like 'em, but...........19/07/15 18:41:00 Vanessa Smith

Forum Home