Forum Message

Topic: Well I won't say which hospital coz i like 'em, but...........
Posted by: Alex Thomas
Date/Time: 18/07/15 19:05:00

Jeremy Hunt said that we need a 24/7 service, which we kind of have already but my experience recently at a great local hospital was.......... it ain't seamless or efficient. That is, me and the missus went on Friday night recently and came out on Tuesday morning and all went pretty well bar some minor stuff not worth mentioning really....... except for the fact that the staff on the weekend were completely different to the ones on Monday. This included Doctors, Physios, Aftercare coordinators and nurses, which is understandable. However, in all cases all of the weekend professionals didn't have and/or use an effective system for communicating what they each had agreed needed to happen going forward, because on Monday morning my wife had a completely different team doing exactly the same thing, however when i told them what had already been agreed by each of their weekend counterparts they all looked none the wiser, were unable to access or find notes that were allegedly written by each respective weekend team member and didn't all necessarily agree with their counterparts. As a result, they all, more or less, started from scratch on Monday morning. Now, all i'm doing here is questioning the seamlessness, inconsistency and waste of valuable staffing time and resources as a result of a system that currently wouldn't appear to be very efficient. So, perhaps the gadgers responsible for the system may wish to have a chat with the managers that have failed to identify this flaw in the system and address it as part of a range of measures under the banner of Jeremy Hunt's new 24/7 proposals?????

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Well I won't say which hospital coz i like 'em, but...........18/07/15 19:05:00 Alex Thomas
   Re:Well I won't say which hospital coz i like 'em, but...........18/07/15 21:47:00 Susan Kelly
      Re:Re:Well I won't say which hospital coz i like 'em, but...........19/07/15 01:18:00 Claire Moran
         Re:Re:Re:Well I won't say which hospital coz i like 'em, but...........19/07/15 09:10:00 Alex Thomas
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Well I won't say which hospital coz i like 'em, but...........19/07/15 09:24:00 Alex Thomas
         Re:Re:Re:Well I won't say which hospital coz i like 'em, but...........19/07/15 09:23:00 Susan Kelly
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Well I won't say which hospital coz i like 'em, but...........19/07/15 12:19:00 Claire Moran
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Well I won't say which hospital coz i like 'em, but...........19/07/15 12:45:00 Vanessa Smith
                  Re:Well I won't say which hospital coz i like 'em, but...........19/07/15 13:40:00 Philippa Bond
                     Re:Re:Well I won't say which hospital coz i like 'em, but...........19/07/15 15:32:00 Claire Moran
                     Re:Re:Well I won't say which hospital coz i like 'em, but...........19/07/15 17:00:00 Susan Kelly
                        Re:Re:Re:Well I won't say which hospital coz i like 'em, but...........19/07/15 17:07:00 Claire Moran
                           Re:Re:Re:Re:Well I won't say which hospital coz i like 'em, but...........19/07/15 18:41:00 Vanessa Smith

Forum Home