Forum Message

Topic: Re:Andy Burnham, just  another Labour hypocrite
Posted by: Paul James
Date/Time: 30/09/26 13:26:00

>Andy, none of these things would be possible if we were inside the EU.


Public ownership is fully allowed inside the EU.
EU rules do not prevent nationalisation.
Examples:

France: EDF (energy) majority state-owned.

Germany: Many municipal water and energy utilities.

Netherlands: Water companies must be publicly owned by law.

EU competition rules regulate market behaviour, not ownership structure.

VAT policy is also allowed inside the EU.

EU members can set reduced VAT rates on energy.

The UK already had flexibility on VAT even before Brexit.


Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Andy Burnham, just  another Labour hypocrite30/09/26 13:16:00 Denis I. Fox
   Re:Andy Burnham, just  another Labour hypocrite30/09/26 13:26:00 Paul James
      Re:Re:Andy Burnham, just  another Labour hypocrite30/09/26 13:31:00 Jayne Thorburn
      Re:Re:Andy Burnham, just  another Labour hypocrite30/09/26 17:46:00 Nicholas Beard
      Re:Re:Reply30/09/26 21:29:00 Denis I. Fox
         Re:Re:Re:Reply30/09/26 21:51:00 Paul James
   Denis I. Fox = just another idiot.30/09/26 15:39:00 Roland Bolowski

Forum Home