Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Why was Cllr Paul Lynch outvoted..having been prosposed as Mayor?
Forum Home
Posted by: Jim Lawes
Date/Time: 12/06/05 17:59:00

Thomas:
Thanks for your amusing and eloquent response. It first I thought that you were going to tell me off!! ;0)

It was seeing the credentials of Cllr Lynch being rejected in favour of someone else that struck me. I could envisage the a grin of disappointment on his face and his hurt pride too..but I cannot recall if the webcam showed that. He must be a master at overcoming such happenings

Yes, the new Mayor is distinguished in his own way..and indeed I was introduced to him the evening before his installation..and he was most charming...as indeed all of the "Asian" Councillors I met were.

But raise an eyebrow again...The elected Mayors..for two years running..have been from the same ward..Hounslow Heath! So: out of 21(?) wards in the Borough, just one WARD has supplied the most suitable candidate on each of two consecutive years.

One wonders if the elections are free and without underhand
obligations! Membership of secret organisations or clans come to mind.  Lobbying support for candidates should be an honest business and not constrained by membership of other outside bodies.

Actually I like both the old mayor and the new one. Its just that it ought to be someone elses turn.

Forty two years ago, an Old Boy of Chiswick Grammar School became Mayor of Brentford and Chiswick.... Alderman Cecil Pocock.   Now he was most dapper.

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Why was Cllr Paul Lynch outvoted..having been prosposed as Mayor? 07/06/05 14:20:00 Jim Lawes
   Re:Why was Cllr Paul Lynch outvoted..having been prosposed as Mayor? 07/06/05 17:06:00 Vanessa Smith
   Re:Why was Cllr Paul Lynch outvoted..having been prosposed as Mayor? 12/06/05 15:10:00 Sam Hearn Cllr
      Re:Re:Why was Cllr Paul Lynch outvoted..having been prosposed as Mayor? 12/06/05 17:59:00 Jim Lawes
         Re:Re:Re:Why was Cllr Paul Lynch outvoted..having been prosposed as Mayor? 12/06/05 20:31:00 Sam Hearn Cllr

Forum Home