Forum Message

Topic: Re:Why was Cllr Paul Lynch outvoted..having been prosposed as Mayor?
Posted by: Sam Hearn Cllr
Date/Time: 12/06/05 15:10:00

Dear Jim

I think that you are being a little hard on our new mayor - whatever his name is.

I was actually at the mayor making ceremony (I will go anywhere for a free curry) and it was clear from the speeches given in his support that he is an excellent candidate.

He was apparently once an international basket ball star - although I did not catch what country he played for (perhaps someone can enlighten me?). He also nearly had a career as a model and had wanted to be a Bollywood film star - he has those "Mr Darcy" good looks.

Since the mayoral role is largely ceremonial, good looks and the ability to "slam dunk" are clearly the most important attributes for the job.

Paul Lynch is also, as Chiswick residents know, extremely good looking. He speaks clearly in his mother tongue and on occasion is quite witty in his quiet understated way. With these two attributes alone he would be seriously over qualified for the role of Mayor of Hounslow.

Oh I also almost forgot - Paul Lynch wears a blue rosette and so could not possibly be expected to conduct himself in a grown up and non-partisan manner as mayor. As every school boy/girl knows only people who wear red rosettes have the innate ability and gravitas to carry out the mayoral role. Wearers of blue, yellow etc rosettes can only look on in awe and wonder as they did at the mayor making ceremony ............... It was a great curry.

To be serious for a moment Cllr Lynch would make a tremendous mayor. Hounslow's loss is Chiswick's gain.

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Why was Cllr Paul Lynch outvoted..having been prosposed as Mayor? 07/06/05 14:20:00 Jim Lawes
   Re:Why was Cllr Paul Lynch outvoted..having been prosposed as Mayor? 07/06/05 17:06:00 Vanessa Smith
   Re:Why was Cllr Paul Lynch outvoted..having been prosposed as Mayor? 12/06/05 15:10:00 Sam Hearn Cllr
      Re:Re:Why was Cllr Paul Lynch outvoted..having been prosposed as Mayor? 12/06/05 17:59:00 Jim Lawes
         Re:Re:Re:Why was Cllr Paul Lynch outvoted..having been prosposed as Mayor? 12/06/05 20:31:00 Sam Hearn Cllr

Forum Home