| Topic: | Rude owner of Mali cafe | |
| Posted by: | Yasmeen Alzubaydi | |
| Date/Time: | 04/10/26 09:42:00 |
| My daughter, 18 at the time, went for a trial shift for holiday work last year at Mali. She worked for a few hours and was given a sandwich as payment. She wasn’t told that the shift would not be paid, despite what the owner later told me. After the shift she was told someone would call her but after waiting for a week with no call, she called and was told the manager wasn’t there and would call her back. No call. She went in, was told the same thing. Again, no call. At this point she gave up. It was her first time trying for a job which is hard to get if you have no experience and can’t get your first break. But all ok she got a job somewhere else. While I was there to buy some cake, I saw what I guessed was the manager and went over simply to say that it would have been polite to let my daughter know that she didn’t have the job. I approached him with a smile and had no intention of getting into an argument, I just wanted to let them know that they could have handled the situation differently. Before I had even finished saying what had happened, the owner interrupted me and told me I was being ‘disrespectful’ because I pointed out she was working without being paid which is in fact correct. He said she would have been told. She wasn’t. He said he always sits them down at the end of the trial to talk about it. He didn’t. He said they always call people back. They didn’t. When I pointed this out , he accused me of lying. I have no reason to lie, neither does my daughter. Then he asked me strange questions like ‘where was I when my daughter was doing her shift?’ I’m not even sure what he was trying to imply. Rather than just apologising for not calling her back, he basically called us liars and told me I shouldn’t be telling him how to run his business. He flat out refused to listen to the facts. The worst customer service I’ve ever experienced and completely irresponsible when dealing with young people. As a parent, I’m passing on this information to anyone whose child may be looking to work there. Avoid at all costs. The owner is diabolical and I feel bad for his staff. |
| Topic | Date Posted | Posted By |
| Rude owner of Mali cafe | 04/10/26 09:42:00 | Yasmeen Alzubaydi |
| Re:Rude owner of Mali cafe | 04/10/26 11:08:00 | David Lesniak |
| Re:Re:Rude owner of Mali cafe | 04/10/26 11:17:00 | Yasmeen Alzubaydi |
| Re:Rude owner of Mali cafe | 04/10/26 11:38:00 | Richard Schofield |
| Re:Re:Re:Rude owner of Mali cafe | 04/10/26 11:46:00 | Julian Pavey |
| Re:Re:Re:Re:Rude owner of Mali cafe | 04/10/26 12:28:00 | Mike Smith |
| Re:Re:Re:Re:Rude owner of Mali cafe | 04/10/26 13:58:00 | Yasmeen Alzubaydi |
| Re:Rude owner of Mali cafe | 04/10/26 13:25:00 | Peter Millman |
| Re:Re:Rude owner of Mali cafe | 04/10/26 13:41:00 | Janice Evans |
| Re:Re:Rude owner of Mali cafe | 04/10/26 13:59:00 | Yasmeen Alzubaydi |
| Re:Rude owner of Mali cafe | 04/10/26 14:08:00 | Soni Schuey |
| Re:Re:Rude owner of Mali cafe | 04/10/26 14:21:00 | Mike Smith |
| Re:Re:Re:Rude owner of Mali cafe | 04/10/26 14:25:00 | Soni Schuey |
| Re:Re:Re:Rude owner of Mali cafe | 04/10/26 14:29:00 | Yasmeen Alzubaydi |
| Re:Re:Rude owner of Mali cafe | 04/10/26 15:01:00 | Richard Schofield |
| Re:Re:Re:Rude owner of Mali cafe | 04/10/26 15:06:00 | Soni Schuey |
| Re:Re:Re:Rude owner of Mali cafe | 04/10/26 15:44:00 | Roland Bolowski |