Forum Message

Topic: Anyone else out there waiting in vain for High Speed internet
Posted by: Jackie Elton
Date/Time: 06/01/16 10:22:00

I live in Elliott Road - a really central part of Chiswick, close to Turnham Green Terrace and the High Road. 
All the streets around us seem to have Superfast Broadband installed ages ago - but mysteriously our busy and central street does not and the latest  message I have is the standard:
"Unfortunately your property is not currently included in the network roll-out because after our initial survey, it was established that this cabinet would not be viable for Openreach to upgrade."
(they then helpfully guided me to a link to help people in rural areas who are bottom of the list)

Are there any streets in Chiswick (or similar)who are in the same situation? Any stories about how to battle this?
Anybody in the Council working on this - I got a blank look when I went to see a councillor at the "surgery" at the library.
How many households in the street constitutes "demand".
Did they just forget about the street?

Any help appreciated.  And yes, eventually I will use Virgin.

Jackie

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Anyone else out there waiting in vain for High Speed internet06/01/16 10:22:00 Jackie Elton
   Re:Anyone else out there waiting in vain for High Speed internet07/01/16 00:04:00 Robin Cox
      Re:Re:Anyone else out there waiting in vain for High Speed internet07/01/16 06:35:00 Jackie Elton
         Re:Re:Re:Anyone else out there waiting in vain for High Speed internet07/01/16 10:27:00 Christopher Bell
         Re:Re:Re:Anyone else out there waiting in vain for High Speed internet07/01/16 11:30:00 Michael Robinson

Forum Home