Forum Message

Topic: James O'Brien
Posted by: Brian Coyle
Date/Time: 03/04/15 11:30:00

Following on after David Marles' post about the ITV lunchtime program 'O'Brien', after wondering why John Stapleton was now on LBC from 10:00-13:00, I came across it accidentally, and as James O'Brien is a close neighbour of many of us, I decided to watch it. It was truly dreadful beyond words. Like David, I thought that it was akin to a slightly upmarket version of the Jeremy Kyle Show - but with none of those bald-headed heavies in visible attendance.
The first thing I noticed was that he has shaved off his beard, which reduces some of his 'gravitas', and as for his brown Windsor suit, tie and shoes... He looks, sounds and feels like a fish out of water, with little control over the audience - plucked randomly from the Jeremy Kyle database of genuine working class people - tattooed, bald heads, obese and loud-mouthed - and you should have seen the men. He really is quite unsuited to TV.
The program was commissioned with a view to the following:
"ITV are looking for opinionated people to take part in a brand new discussion show for daytime fronted by James O'Brien.
O'Brien will be giving the people of Britain the chance to get their voices heard.
We're looking for people who are passionate about the issues affecting Britain today. We'll be covering topics such as immigration, benefits, the NHS, crime, obesity, freedom of speech and education.
One member of the public each day will join our panel on stage... Could you be our 'Voice Of The People'?
If you're interested in being part of the audience, please email obrien@itv.com with your name and telephone number so we can contact you".
Those of you itching to watch the program only have an hour to wait.

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
James O'Brien03/04/15 11:30:00 Brian Coyle
   Re:James O'Brien03/04/15 11:50:00 David Marles
      Re:Re:James O'Brien03/04/15 12:55:00 Julian Pavey
         Re:Re:Re:James O'Brien03/04/15 13:40:00 Brian Coyle
            Re:Re:Re:Re:James O'Brien03/04/15 14:03:00 Julian Pavey
         Re:Re:Re:James O'Brien03/04/15 16:17:00 David Marles
            Re:Re:Re:Re:James O'Brien04/04/15 09:58:00 Colin Jordan

Forum Home