Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Party Wall Surveyor
Posted by: James Holmes-Siedle
Date/Time: 16/03/15 10:39:00

I disagree slightly - the notice should really be served by a party wall surveyor - it is only if there is a dissent that the neighbour may appoint a surveyor of their own (at your cost) and/or agree for your surveyor to act for the wall.

A fault in the issued notice can set you back a long way and cause delay and upset - so I would always recommend that you appoint a surveyor to assess and then issue the proper notices.

You can also go along way to helping by keeping your neighbours in the loop as to your plans. They cannot object - they can dissent the notice which means the appointment of another surveyor, who will agree on behalf of the wall - not the neighbour.


Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Party Wall Surveyor16/03/15 09:25:00 Pete Johnson
   Re:Party Wall Surveyor16/03/15 10:26:00 Julie Mitchell
      Re:Re:Party Wall Surveyor16/03/15 10:31:00 Pete Johnson
      Re:Re:Party Wall Surveyor16/03/15 10:39:00 James Holmes-Siedle
         Re:Re:Re:Party Wall Surveyor16/03/15 10:49:00 Pete Johnson
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Party Wall Surveyor16/03/15 11:20:00 Julie Mitchell
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Party Wall Surveyor16/03/15 11:54:00 Pete Johnson
                  Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Party Wall Surveyor16/03/15 12:47:00 Adrian Irving
   Re:Party Wall Surveyor17/03/15 11:48:00 Peter G Boardman

Forum Home