Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Re:Re:Imperial CEO does U-turn and refuses McKinsey trip to USA
Posted by: Una Hodgkins
Date/Time: 30/11/14 22:31:00

Karen, I have no idea what the Americans do with old and poor people coming out of hospital too weak and too dependent to live truly independent lives. I am sure that McKinsey is not organising a trip to view this kind of patient.

It is more likely that they are touring expensive facilities and being shown "telemedicine" and other software and equipment. The Americans have a saturated domestic healthcare market, and they need to export... to previously public health systems in Europe.

In answer to your question, I believe that we will have to go back to caring for the elderly at home, with sons and daughters taking on, hopefully with good grace, the burden and the pleasure of their parents for as long as possible, until the final, hospital-based days or weeks. And then perhaps the elderly will feel that they should be doing something to help around the house. It doesn't have to be terrible. 

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Imperial CEO does U-turn and refuses McKinsey trip to USA30/11/14 12:35:00 Una Hodgkins
   Re:Imperial CEO does U-turn and refuses McKinsey trip to USA30/11/14 13:13:00 Chris Martin
      Re:Re:Imperial CEO does U-turn and refuses McKinsey trip to USA30/11/14 17:53:00 Una Hodgkins
         Re:Re:Re:Imperial CEO does U-turn and refuses McKinsey trip to USA30/11/14 19:29:00 Karen Liebreich
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Imperial CEO does U-turn and refuses McKinsey trip to USA30/11/14 22:31:00 Una Hodgkins
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Imperial CEO does U-turn and refuses McKinsey trip to USA01/12/14 15:40:00 Karen Liebreich
                  Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Imperial CEO does U-turn and refuses McKinsey trip to USA02/12/14 13:07:00 Una Hodgkins

Forum Home