Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:SOS TREES – Save Our Southfields Trees
Posted by: Claire Moran
Date/Time: 13/09/14 23:32:00

1. It seems not all residents whose houses back onto these trees were notified.  Residents have asked over many years  for these trees to be pruned and maintained, which they have not been.  I do not know anyone who wants them to be felled.
2. If the reason for felling is their close proximity to the houses, why is the line of trees that is almost as high and which are much closer to the houses not being felled?  Or are they to be the next target of Ealing’s tree destruction campaign?
3. Branches fall from trees everywhere, including from trees lining very busy roads. Is Ealing therefore planning to fell all trees that border busy roads?  If so we will soon have a very treeless borough.
4. See my response to 2 above.  Why is a reduction in height not council policy?  Cheaper to cut down than to maintain them?  If so I would rather Ealing spent its money maintaining trees properly than on some of the other less worthwhile projects it supports.
5. Anyone who wants to see the height and the proximity of these trees to the houses only has to make a short trip to Southfield Playing Fields – about 15 minutes walk from the Chiswick High Road or two minutes in a car.

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
SOS TREES – Save Our Southfields Trees12/09/14 22:28:00 Philip Sheldrake
   Re:SOS TREES – Save Our Southfields Trees13/09/14 01:31:00 Claire Moran
   Re:SOS TREES – Save Our Southfields Trees13/09/14 16:05:00 James Allen
      Re:Re:SOS TREES – Save Our Southfields Trees13/09/14 21:54:00 Philip Sheldrake
      Re:Re:SOS TREES – Save Our Southfields Trees13/09/14 23:32:00 Claire Moran
         Re:Re:Re:SOS TREES – Save Our Southfields Trees13/09/14 23:33:00 Claire Moran

Forum Home