Forum Message

Topic: Re:Gumtree freebies/Freecyling/Designing products for easier recycling
Posted by: Philippa Bond
Date/Time: 10/08/20 12:17:00

Well done.  It is so much better to make an offer to someone who wants something than to take them somewhere where they just remain uncatelogued amongst many other unwanted things.  It is a rethink.

www.trashnothing.com is the freecycling website where people put Wants as well and they have to be collected.  Ebay used to do this too and it was useful if you were collecting replacements pieces for your dinner service etc.  Don't ever leave your name and address on anything - just as you shouldn't anyway - in case someone else isn't as careful as you are with what you do with unwanted things.

I remember some time ago that there was a request for unwanted gardening tools for a school garden from someone who was prepared to mend them eg presumably putting new handles on them - something that we all used to be able to get fixed instead of just buying cheap imports.  Sometimes the older stuff is actually superior.  Does anyone know anywhere where you can get a fork handle replaced?

I made a mess of my last posting it was about designing products so that they could more easily be recycled.  The majority of people must have come across boxes that are now easier to flatten and noticed that packaging is rarely made out of a mix of materials. 

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Designing for the Circular Economy07/08/20 16:24:00 Philippa Bond
   Re:Designing for the Circular Economy08/08/20 12:51:00 Peter Evans
      Re:Re:Designing for the Circular Economy08/08/20 12:59:00 Philippa Bond
         Re:Re:Re:Designing for the Circular Economy:  Designing for  09/08/20 20:56:00 Philippa Bond
   Gumtree freebies10/08/20 08:49:00 Sean Wales
      Re:Gumtree freebies/Freecyling/Designing products for easier recycling10/08/20 12:17:00 Philippa Bond

Forum Home