Forum Message

Topic: Avoid B&Q Chiswick it no longer has toilets for customers, practically no plants in thegarden centre
Posted by: Mark Julian Raymond
Date/Time: 17/01/20 18:23:00

I have written to B and Q, meanwhile the nearest facilities are probably a tree Gunnersbury Park 200 yards up the North Circular Road over the railway bridge. Be prepared. The question that comes to mind is B&Q running the Chiswick store down to close it?

To the CEO of B & Q
Where have the toilets gone in B&Q Chiswick? Why has the garden centre got no seasonal stock like trees and shrubs? Are you closing the store?

Mr Graham Bell
CEO
B and Q
UK and Ireland

Dear Mr Bell,

I make no excuses about contacting a man as busy as you are as I was absolutely stunned when I (somewhat painfully) found out that the B&Q Superstore on the Chiswick Rooundabout in London no longer has toilets for customers. When I asked where they were I was told: "We don't have any". There have been toilets there in the past, I know I have made use of them. Is this a new policy for the whole of B&Q or unique to B&Q Chisiwck Roundabout (2 Larch Dr, Gunnersbury Ave, London W4 5QL)?.  As more progressive retailers move towards more enlightened facilities such as baby change and feeding areas. I find this move on the part of your company strange to say the least. I note that on your list of facilitieson the B&Q website  for this store include
-Portable induction loops available
-Customer wheelchairs available
-Disabled parking bays available
But with all this why no toilets?
There is a bathroom showroom showing toilet, you can buy a toilet in the store, but there are no customer toilets for use by customers.

I had noticed on recent visits the almost complete lack of living plant stock (to my inconvenience) in the garden centre which should be filled with trees and srhubs that are planted between late Autumn and early Spring, however it is barren. I must ask, are you about to close this store? That is the only explanation that I can find in my mind for the removal of basic sanitary facilities and the abscence of relevant seasonal garden stock?

Somewhat flabbergasted,
I remain,
Yours sincerely,
Mark Julian Raymond

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Avoid B&Q Chiswick it no longer has toilets for customers, practically no plants in thegarden centre17/01/20 18:23:00 Mark Julian Raymond
   Re:Avoid B&Q Chiswick it no longer has toilets for customers, practically no plants in thegarden centre17/01/20 19:00:00 N V Brooks
      Re:Re:Avoid B&Q Chiswick it no longer has toilets for customers, practically no plants in thegarden centre17/01/20 19:09:00 Mark Julian Raymond
         Re:Re:Re:Avoid B&Q Chiswick it no longer has toilets for customers, practically no plants in thegarden centre18/01/20 09:33:00 Richard Greenhough
   Re:Avoid B&Q Chiswick it no longer has toilets for customers, practically no plants in thegarden centre18/01/20 11:22:00 Jim Brown
      Re:Re:Avoid B&Q Chiswick it no longer has toilets for customers, practically no plants in thegarden centre19/01/20 23:51:00 Bobbie Carnegie
         Toilet faiclities restored at B and Q Chiswick, B and Q says store is NOT closing21/01/20 11:57:00 Mark Julian Raymond

Forum Home