Forum Message

Topic: Re:Sound proofing/noisy neighbours
Posted by: Andy Pease
Date/Time: 28/12/14 08:41:00

Georgie, We are in a semi detached property and have had the same problems as you have, and we looked into the possibility of soundproofing, and to get anything that was going to be reasonably effective was extremely expensive.I think the best thing you could do would be to report it to your local council.Our council was very good when we reported the noise, and they took it very seriously.They gave us a pack which gave us ideas on how to keep the noise down, and explained the action the council could, and would take.The wrote to the generators of the noise and told them they would take them to court if they didn't keep it down a bit.Nothing happened,, so they installed noise monitoring equipment in our house, and recorded the noise for a few days.Armed with a recording of the noise, and a final warning letter, they went next door again and told them they had 7 days to stop the noise, or they would issue a summons, and a seizure notice for the sound system.We never heard anything from them again.I f you have already spoken to these scrotes and got nowhere Georgie, go to the council.Noisy neighbours are a nightmare and you shouldn't have to put up with it.The only thing I would say is that this happened to us some time back, and things may have changed, but it's still worth speaking to the council.

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Sound proofing/noisy neighbours28/12/14 01:59:00 Georgiana Eliot
   Re:Sound proofing/noisy neighbours28/12/14 08:41:00 Andy Pease
      Re:Re:Sound proofing/noisy neighbours28/12/14 10:27:00 Caroline Carney
   Re:Sound proofing/noisy neighbours28/12/14 16:06:00 Katrina Black
      Re:Re:Sound proofing/noisy neighbours29/12/14 15:46:00 Georgiana Eliot
         Re:Re:Re:Sound proofing/noisy neighbours29/12/14 17:07:00 Sean Wales
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Sound proofing/noisy neighbours29/12/14 18:05:00 Keith Iddon

Forum Home