Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Turnham Green Reopens!
Posted by: Jimmy Kim
Date/Time: 01/11/20 22:58:00

I cycle as much as I drive, it is about allowing society to have options and the skills and leadership necessary from authority, whether that is politicians or councillors to allow both to exist whilst mutually benefitting and mutually integrating onto the limited road-space that we have.

Unfortunately London isn't blessed like cities such as New York or some Scandinavian or Asian cities which allow for everyone to share the same road with ample space. I wish there were alternative solutions.

I find myself unable to use the cycle lanes half of the time because they are usually congested or unfinished and end up cycling on the road anyways, then again I find the congestion whilst driving  fustrating as we are being told not to drive because of the reason for protecting the environment which doesn't make any logic when cars are stuck in traffic for unnecessary amounts of time creating pollution and noise stopping and starting, all those brake pads, all those rubber tyres...

The reality is that there are some journeys needed by car, and some by bike, but when we are forced to do one or the other for reasons which do not make any logical sense, this is where democracy ends....

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Turnham Green Reopens!30/10/20 01:58:00 John Martin
   Re:Turnham Green Reopens!30/10/20 15:15:00 Philippa Bond
      Re:Re:Turnham Green Reopens!30/10/20 18:37:00 Mark Edwards
         Re:Re:Re:Turnham Green Reopens!31/10/20 21:43:00 Jimmy Kim
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Turnham Green Reopens!31/10/20 22:10:00 Claire Moran
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Turnham Green Reopens!01/11/20 02:36:00 Joanna Biddolph
   Re:Turnham Green Reopens!01/11/20 14:12:00 c james
      Re:Re:Turnham Green Reopens!01/11/20 22:58:00 Jimmy Kim

Forum Home