Forum Message

Topic: Chiswick Area Forum NEXT TUESDAY inc. 32-storey tower presentation
Posted by: Andy Murray
Date/Time: 14/01/16 11:22:00

Yes, it usually is.
I have sympathy for Councillors having to prepare for a meeting that nominally ends at 10pm, but often goes longer - usually justifiably, in my opinion. Councillors usually do want to have their say on most subjects and be able to cross-examine those presenting, which takes time.

If the public attended more regularly, in greater numbers, there would be an argument for more than 6 meetings per year, but the meetings cost money from the Council budget and long-suffering Officers are required to attend, arrange the PA, take notes, give advice and write up the Minutes - mostly in antisocial hours.

It tends to be representatives of the West Chiswick & Gunnersbury Society and myself who stay for the whole thing, plus other regular attendees, including Peter Eversden of the Bedford Park Society,  Anna Jackson from the Thornton-Mayfield Residents Association, Karen Liebreich of the Chiswick High Road Action Group, and the Mayorcas siblings. (Apologies to others I may have overlooked). Sadly, local stars of the magnitude of David Tennant (at the November meeting) rarely appear, but there's always a chance.

If you want to know what the Council plans to do, and how your local Councillors feel about it, this is the place to be - only 6 times a year, for 2 1/2 hours a time. By the time the new lights / tarmac/ wheelie bins / parking restrictions / new buildings / waste collection / Christmas lights hit your street, it's way too late to influence the outcome - or comment.

See you there! 

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Chiswick Area Forum NEXT TUESDAY inc. 32-storey tower presentation13/01/16 16:38:00 Andy Murray
   Re:Chiswick Area Forum NEXT TUESDAY inc. 32-storey tower presentation14/01/16 09:37:00 David McLoughlin
      Chiswick Area Forum NEXT TUESDAY inc. 32-storey tower presentation14/01/16 11:22:00 Andy Murray
         Re:Chiswick Area Forum NEXT TUESDAY inc. 32-storey tower presentation14/01/16 12:46:00 Cllr Sam Hearn
         Re:Chiswick Area Forum NEXT TUESDAY inc. 32-storey tower presentation14/01/16 13:11:00 Loraine Pemberton
   Re:Chiswick Area Forum NEXT TUESDAY inc. 32-storey tower presentation14/01/16 15:03:00 Roger Neil Vipond
      Re:Re:Chiswick Area Forum NEXT TUESDAY inc. 32-storey tower presentation14/01/16 15:39:00 Adam Beamish
         Re:Re:Re:Chiswick Area Forum NEXT TUESDAY inc. 32-storey tower presentation14/01/16 17:21:00 Cllr Sam Hearn
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Chiswick Area Forum NEXT TUESDAY inc. 32-storey tower presentation14/01/16 17:23:00 Cllr Sam Hearn
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Chiswick Area Forum NEXT TUESDAY inc. 32-storey tower presentation14/01/16 17:57:00 Adam Beamish

Forum Home