Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Cycle Path between A4 and Dorchester Grove
Posted by: Chris Calvi-Freeman
Date/Time: 02/11/15 04:57:00

This cycle path was an embarrassment to TfL from the day they constructed it, without detailed design plans, adequate consultation or anything approximating a pre-construction safety audit. Despite my and other LBH officers' best efforts, and despite a letter from the Transport Commissioner apologising for the stuff-up and promising prompt rectification, it seems that the best TfL can come up with now is removal of the offending path.

Sadly, in my experience with TfL, there were too many staff there with too little practical skill, too little real commitment to specific projects when the going got tough and too much opportunity to avoid personal responsibility by citing role ambiguity within their constantly-changing organisational structure. That, coupled with some of their very senior managers and directors who appeared more comfortable speaking about their pet projects at numerous industry conferences, meant (and presumably still means) poor value for money for council taxpayers who fund their employment.

There, I've said it, but there were also lots of really good people at TfL as well, many of whom would privately agree with me regarding that organisation's structure and senior management.

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Cycle Path between A4 and Dorchester Grove01/11/15 17:18:00 Liam Robinson
   Re:Cycle Path between A4 and Dorchester Grove01/11/15 21:26:00 Richard Jennings
      Re:Re:Cycle Path between A4 and Dorchester Grove02/11/15 04:57:00 Chris Calvi-Freeman
         Re:Re:Re:Cycle Path between A4 and Dorchester Grove02/11/15 09:42:00 Richard Greenhough
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Cycle Path between A4 and Dorchester Grove02/11/15 11:19:00 Michael Robinson
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Cycle Path between A4 and Dorchester Grove03/11/15 09:17:00 Joe Conneely
                  Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Cycle Path between A4 and Dorchester Grove03/11/15 14:16:00 James Robinson

Forum Home