Forum Message

Topic: Renault car:  Immobiliser/ keyfob/flat battery stalemate. help sought.
Posted by: Jim Lawes
Date/Time: 30/10/15 20:30:00

Leaving  my car's sidelights on overnight was a pity. No wonder I had a flat battery to deal with next day. It was strange that the car couldn't be started with powerful jump leads and the help of a neighbour. The engine just wouldn't fire up.What could the problem be?

The AA were called and the very experienced Engineer said that in such cases...dead flat batteries disable the immobiliser technology.... and you need to hand me your old discarded key fob (currently using the plain keys) to help me possibly get things going again.  Sadly  AA couldn't correct the fault there and then and suggested the car is transported to a Renault Dealership or a whiz-kid at an electronically inclined garage.

Any suggestions?      I will phone Capital Motors to ask if it's a repair that they have experience in sorting. Many thanks in anticipation.

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Renault car:  Immobiliser/ keyfob/flat battery stalemate. help sought.30/10/15 20:30:00 Jim Lawes
   Re: Renault car:  Immobiliser/ keyfob/flat battery stalemate. help sought.30/10/15 20:49:00 Dave Robertson
      Re:Re: Renault car:  Immobiliser/ keyfob/flat battery stalemate. help sought.30/10/15 23:23:00 Jim Lawes
   Re: Renault car:  Immobiliser/ keyfob/flat battery stalemate. help sought.31/10/15 07:39:00 Sean Wales
   Re: Renault car:  Immobiliser/ keyfob/flat battery stalemate. help sought.31/10/15 07:50:00 Sean Wales
      Re:Re: Renault car:  Immobiliser/ keyfob/flat battery stalemate. help sought.31/10/15 11:26:00 Jim Lawes

Forum Home