Forum Message

Topic: First parking ticket in our cul-de-sac for 25 years!
Posted by: Lou Valdini
Date/Time: 14/10/15 13:13:00

I live in Hearne Road, which is a cul-de-sac, with no parking restrictions (apart from dropped kerbs), and one of the roads LBH is desperate to bring into its CPZ money-making scam.

Where there is a shortage of parking, we have temporarily double parked at the end of the cul-de-sac, and move our cars when we can. We all know who's who, and manage the space between us without problem.

I have just had a conversation with a warden who has turned up and ticketed a neighbour's car, parked in the cul-de-sac.  She even had a note on the windscreen explaining when she would be leaving. Fortunately, he did not ticket me, even though I was double parked, because he judged I was not blocking the road.

He said he was there to patrol the dropped kerbs, but 'noticed' the cars parked in the cul-de-sac.  He said he had called his boss at Serco, who told him one of them was breaking the law because it was parked more than 50cm from the kerb.

This has never happened before!

Does anyone know if this '50cm' claim is valid?

With LBH needing residents to endorse their efforts to enforce a CPZ, we feel this sudden change in behaviour is not a coincidence.

Is anyone from LBH willing to comment?

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
First parking ticket in our cul-de-sac for 25 years!14/10/15 13:13:00 Lou Valdini
   Re:First parking ticket in our cul-de-sac for 25 years!14/10/15 13:23:00 Elizabeth Jane Daley
   Re:First parking ticket in our cul-de-sac for 25 years!14/10/15 15:37:00 Richard Jennings

Forum Home