Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Re:Re:NICE Guidelines for Elderly Home Care say travelling time should be adequate 
Posted by: Andy Pease
Date/Time: 08/10/15 17:24:00

My mother had carers before she went into a care home and the "service"was disgraceful.NONE  of them spoke English to a degree that anyone could understand.She very rarely saw the same one twice.The one that was supposed to make her lunch would put the kettle on as soon as she came in.While that boiled, she would ring her agency to check in.She would then make a sandwich and leave that, and a cup of tea, and leave.Time spent, 7 minutes.I timed it once.The one that was supposed to make her evening meal often never turned up, and if she did, it was again a sandwich and a cup of tea.If she didn't turn up, all my mother would have all day was a sandwich.Luckily, when I realised what was happening, the so called "carers"were dispensed with.And for this wonderful "service"the council charged her £50 per week.Marvellous.

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
NICE Guidelines for Elderly Home Care say allow half-an-hour07/10/15 22:33:00 Philippa Bond
   Re:NICE Guidelines for Elderly Home Care also promote continuity of care        08/10/15 07:39:00 Philippa Bond
      Re:Re:NICE Guidelines for Elderly Home Care also promote continuity of care         08/10/15 16:15:00 Caroline Carney
         Re:Re:Re:NICE Guidelines for Elderly Home Care also promote continuity of care         08/10/15 16:29:00 Claire Moran
            Re:Re:Re:Re:NICE Guidelines for Elderly Home Care also promote continuity of care         08/10/15 17:03:00 Caroline Carney
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:NICE Guidelines for Elderly Home Care also promote continuity of care         08/10/15 19:53:00 Hannah Elder
         Re:Re:Re:NICE Guidelines for Elderly Home Care say travelling time should be adequate  08/10/15 16:34:00 Philippa Bond
            Re:Re:Re:Re:NICE Guidelines for Elderly Home Care say travelling time should be adequate  08/10/15 17:24:00 Andy Pease
               Re:NICE Guidelines for Elderly Home Care say care should be person centred not one-size-fits-all        09/10/15 21:32:00 Philippa Bond
                  Of course there are some great carers - just not enough and not often enough14/10/15 23:12:00 Philippa Bond

Forum Home