Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Re:NICE Guidelines for Elderly Home Care also promote continuity of care        
Posted by: Claire Moran
Date/Time: 08/10/15 16:29:00

When I was incapacitated after an accident many years ago I wasn't eligible for any free care (although the council sent round two people who probably knew two words of English to assess me and left saying 'we help we help' and when I heard nothing more I followed it up to be told that as I had more than the lowest level of savings they couldn't help me).  Fair enough but it was a shame they didn't just tell me that.  So I paid - quite a lot - for private care for a few weeks and despite telling each carer who was different almost every day what to do with frozen meals they still put the frozen meal that you were supposed to take out of its container into the oven still in its container, so I had a choice of ready meal a la plastic coating or starve.  And a few items in the house went missing...I was fairly young and ony temporarily physically incapacitated but it really brought home that being vulnerable is not good, whether physically or mentally and in the case of the elderly who are both but have no relatives/good friends who can rally round, God help them.

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
NICE Guidelines for Elderly Home Care say allow half-an-hour07/10/15 22:33:00 Philippa Bond
   Re:NICE Guidelines for Elderly Home Care also promote continuity of care        08/10/15 07:39:00 Philippa Bond
      Re:Re:NICE Guidelines for Elderly Home Care also promote continuity of care         08/10/15 16:15:00 Caroline Carney
         Re:Re:Re:NICE Guidelines for Elderly Home Care also promote continuity of care         08/10/15 16:29:00 Claire Moran
            Re:Re:Re:Re:NICE Guidelines for Elderly Home Care also promote continuity of care         08/10/15 17:03:00 Caroline Carney
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:NICE Guidelines for Elderly Home Care also promote continuity of care         08/10/15 19:53:00 Hannah Elder
         Re:Re:Re:NICE Guidelines for Elderly Home Care say travelling time should be adequate  08/10/15 16:34:00 Philippa Bond
            Re:Re:Re:Re:NICE Guidelines for Elderly Home Care say travelling time should be adequate  08/10/15 17:24:00 Andy Pease
               Re:NICE Guidelines for Elderly Home Care say care should be person centred not one-size-fits-all        09/10/15 21:32:00 Philippa Bond
                  Of course there are some great carers - just not enough and not often enough14/10/15 23:12:00 Philippa Bond

Forum Home