Forum Message

Topic: Re:'Empire House' Challenge Before High Court
Posted by: Ann Williams
Date/Time: 05/10/15 13:06:00

'...> this is motivated by the developers to make as much money as possible, not to solve any problem. A proposal more in keeping would not have attracted (such) widespread opposition and would now be progressing smoothly.<...'

Well said, Paul Green – this is the glaringly obvious nub of the problem, but as far as I know it cannot be taken into consideration by the judicial review (at least anyway the developers must be gnashing their teeth in frustration at your point about the lack of 'smooth progress'.)

What is so heartbreaking about the whole thing is that this development, if  it goes ahead according to the developers current plan, would change the whole nature of  CHR forever - it would be the only structure of its height and bulk along the  length of CHR from Chiswick roundabout to the turnoff for Goldhawk Road.  More importantly, it is directly opposite  the wonderfully rural-looking Turnham Green with its dignified old Christ Church, and will almost completely spoil the uniquely rural atmosphere they bring to the High Road (most of my houseguests say ‘I’m just going into the village’ instead of ‘I’m just going to the High Road, and I think that’s wonderful.).

All this has probably been said already, and if so I’m sorry, but I had to say it

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
'Empire House' Challenge Before High Court04/10/15 00:32:00 Leigh Stops
   Re:'Empire House' Challenge Before High Court04/10/15 09:11:00 Loraine Pemberton
      Re:Re:'Empire House' Challenge Before High Court04/10/15 09:26:00 Paul Pryce
         Re:Re:Re:'Empire House' Challenge Before High Court04/10/15 09:52:00 Paul Green
   Re:'Empire House' Challenge Before High Court05/10/15 13:06:00 Ann Williams
      Re:Re:'Empire House' Challenge Before High Court05/10/15 13:14:00 Richard Greenhough
         Re:Re:Re:'Empire House' Challenge Before High Court05/10/15 14:28:00 Loraine Pemberton
            Re:Re:Re:Re:'Empire House' Challenge Before High Court05/10/15 15:01:00 Richard Greenhough
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:'Empire House' Challenge Before High Court05/10/15 15:32:00 Julian Pavey
                  Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:'Empire House' Challenge Before High Court05/10/15 15:52:00 Loraine Pemberton
                     Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:'Empire House' Challenge Before High Court05/10/15 16:28:00 Julian Pavey
                        Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:'Empire House' Challenge Before High Court05/10/15 19:33:00 Loraine Pemberton

Forum Home