Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Virgin Broadband subscribers / broadband savvy people: advice needed pls
Posted by: Peter Millman
Date/Time: 01/09/15 06:07:00

I'm going to be opting out of this. I can't see any upside in opting in. I never use wifi walking around residential streets. The only place I use it outside the home is on the tube and Virgin already has a wifi network there.

As you say, the only beneficiaries of this will be neighbours who could hook up to the network or you might get a bunch of kids with mobiles hanging around outside the house.

We are always told that network speeds depend on number of users online in the immediate area, so allowing additional users can only have a negative impact on download speeds. As it is, I rarely get the advertised 150mb download speed I pay for.

So for that reason, I'm out.

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Virgin Broadband subscribers / broadband savvy people: advice needed pls31/08/15 23:48:00 Linda Leaney
   Re:Virgin Broadband subscribers / broadband savvy people: advice needed pls31/08/15 23:50:00 Linda Leaney
      Re:Re:Virgin Broadband subscribers / broadband savvy people: advice needed pls01/09/15 06:07:00 Peter Millman
         Re:Re:Re:Virgin Broadband subscribers / broadband savvy people: advice needed pls01/09/15 07:28:00 Gordon McDonald

Forum Home