Forum Message

Topic: Re:Ealing council resident's permit - don't forget to renew
Posted by: John Cook
Date/Time: 03/07/15 13:45:00

Just wondered whether you challenged the ticket(s), and if so what was the result?

We got stung in exactly the same manner, although over here in the far eastern extremity of Ealing/Acton the tickets cost £55, two days running (we were away overnight).

I've just received the response from parking services who, predictably, reject both appeals ('it is up to drivers to renew their permits').

It does seem outrageous that they can change the system with no notification - we haven't yet received the explanatory letter you mention.  When I spoke to the (helpful) lady in the parking services office she said that they had sent out notifications by email but hadn't been able to send one out to me as they didn't have my email address. Perhaps they should have gathered our addresses prior to going ahead with the new procedure?

I wonder how many others have been ticketed in this way, and whether there is any potential for collective action.

Enjoyed the Wodehouse misquote.

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Ealing council resident's permit - don't forget to renew24/06/15 09:53:00 Matthew Stibbe
   Re:Ealing council resident's permit - don't forget to renew24/06/15 11:37:00 Susan Kelly
      Re:Re:Ealing council resident's permit - don't forget to renew25/06/15 16:40:00 Philippa Bond
   Re:Ealing council resident's permit - don't forget to renew25/06/15 17:53:00 Michael Daley
      Re:Re:Ealing council resident's permit - don't forget to renew25/06/15 18:13:00 Philippa Bond
   Re:Ealing council resident's permit - don't forget to renew03/07/15 13:45:00 John Cook
      Re:Re:Ealing council resident's permit - don't forget to renew03/07/15 16:59:00 Maggie Dodge
         Re:Re:Re:Ealing council resident's permit - don't forget to renew04/07/15 07:56:00 Madeleine Hazard

Forum Home