Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:lost property on the district line
Posted by: Dan Murphy
Date/Time: 25/06/15 08:59:00

"...after a quick check  of the contents..."

Extraordinary. I thought we lived in "times of heightened security" where every bag, suitcase, rucksack was potentially a "suspicious item". We are bombarded with announcements instructing us to inform someone if we "see anything suspicious" (I have asked a number of guards on trains how I am supposed to identify these suspicious items, but none of them has ever been able to tell me exactly what I am looking for).

And yet when someone leaves a large suitcase on public transport (huge suspicion, right?), the appropriate response is that a cleaner opens it to see what is inside?

Surely everyone within a 100 yard radius should have been racing away as fast as they could, waving their hands in the air and screaming "run for your lives!!!!!" at the top of their voices.

On the subject of security, I went on a cycling holiday to Ireland a couple of weeks ago and was travelling with cabin bag only. In it I had a cycle repair kit (glue, chalk, patches...) and a set of allen keys (a lovely set of chrome keys in a little Velcro pack, the size of a cigarette packet. Work of art, cost about £40). The security stasi woman looked at the keys for quite a long time and decided she had to confiscate them. There was nothing sharp, just allen keys. But they did look very nice. Far too dangerous, she said. I showed her the buckle on my belt and asked if that was OK to take on, she said yes, it was a belt.

Ah, these times of heightened security.

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
lost property on the district line24/06/15 10:16:00 Valerie Kehaian
   Re:lost property on the district line24/06/15 10:39:00 R Atterwill
   Re:lost property on the district line24/06/15 10:40:00 R Atterwill
   Re:lost property on the district line24/06/15 10:50:00 R Atterwill
      Re:Re:lost property on the district line24/06/15 11:16:00 Katy Boardman
         Re:Re:Re:lost property on the district line24/06/15 11:23:00 Stuart Kerr
         Re:Re:Re:lost property on the district line24/06/15 17:42:00 Valerie Kehaian
            Re:Re:Re:Re:lost property on the district line24/06/15 23:29:00 Elizabeth Jane Daley
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:lost property on the district line25/06/15 08:59:00 Dan Murphy
                  Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:lost property on the district line25/06/15 09:31:00 R Atterwill

Forum Home