Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Re:Stolen Red Yamaha R125 motorbike, registration LG11 YFU
Posted by: Andy Pease
Date/Time: 04/05/15 11:39:00

Unfortunately, this type of theft has now become endemic in London.Small motorcycles and scooters are easily lifted into a van and driven away.Once stolen, the owner is very unlikely to see their machine again as most of them are broken down and sold on soon after the theft.You can never have too much security on your bike.If possible, never leave it parked on the street.Park it on your property if at all possible.Make sure it cannot be moved.I have a Harley Davidson which would be almost impossible to lift into a van (unless they used a ramp) but could still be wheeled away.I have 2 ground anchors sunk into concrete securing my bike in place.I also have disk locks on both wheels, an immobiliser and a GPS tracker.Hopefully the thieves will leave my bike where it is, but if they really want it, they'll take it.Make your bike as difficult to steal as possible.That way the thieves will move on to bikes with less security.All the locks and ground anchors are a lot of faffing about, but not as much as having your bike nicked.

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
STOLEN RED MOTORBIKE02/05/15 21:19:00 Annette Turner
   Re:STOLEN RED MOTORBIKE03/05/15 10:08:00 Richard Greenhough
      Re:Stolen Red Yamaha R125 motorbike, registration LG11 YFU03/05/15 14:03:00 Richard Greenhough
         Re:Re:Stolen Red Yamaha R125 motorbike, registration LG11 YFU04/05/15 11:11:00 Elizabeth Ross
            Re:Re:Re:Stolen Red Yamaha R125 motorbike, registration LG11 YFU04/05/15 11:39:00 Andy Pease

Forum Home