Forum Message

Topic: In praise of an Acton grocery shop...
Posted by: Stuart Kerr
Date/Time: 22/04/15 12:15:00

No this isn't a joke.

I was in Menos Acton (the best lighting shop in miles).  I've always gone there because I love their lamps and I know the owner – who has been there 30 years and who used to eat at  the original Andy's in TGT and also the other great Turkish restaurant up near Broadcasting House – Efes...

So I asked the lighting maestro (who knows all things East Mediterranean) if he knew where I could get my Kolymvari Gold extra virgin olive oil.  He pointed …  “Up the street opposite the library”.

Hakikak Grocery shop!!!

They might not sell wild tortoises - but they've got plenty of everything else we used to be able to buy in Chiswick (Amadou RIP)  ….  but can alas no longer (thanks to the crazy rent/rates in W4).

Hakikak is a real shop.  And ridiculously inexpensive.  Take the E3 up to Acton Town Hall (just before the High Street) it's a minute's walk away.

Lots of fine olive oil – real greek olives – dates from Saudi – pulses and spices galore – fresh feta in blocks – real veg – real treasures and on and on and on...  I told Bobby about it – it's  got his 5 star seal of approval - and Bob knows his 'real' food....

just sayin'...

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
In praise of an Acton grocery shop...22/04/15 12:15:00 Stuart Kerr
   Re:In praise of an Acton grocery shop...22/04/15 12:23:00 Samia Mirza
      Re:Re:In praise of an Acton grocery shop...22/04/15 14:21:00 bobby osborne
         Re:Re:Re:In praise of an Acton grocery shop...22/04/15 14:37:00 Sarah Vickers
            Re:Re:Re:Re:In praise of an Acton grocery shop...22/04/15 15:41:00 Apple Leiper

Forum Home