|Topic:||BOOKS FOR LONDON'S HOMELESS [WORLD BOOK NIGHT]|
|Posted by:||Priyanka Mogul|
|Hi everyone, |
Some of you might know about the campaign, Spread The Word, that aims to make literature more accessible to London's homeless. The campaign is taking part in World Book Night and giving people the chance to distribute books to rough sleepers in their local area.
This campaign originated in Chiswick and was inspired by Mati, the man outside Turnham Green station who is always seen reading.
HOW TO TAKE PART:
1) Drop us a message to let us know you'd like to take part in World Book Night.
2) Pick up a copy of one of our World Book Night edition books at one of the chosen times and locations (listed below)
2) Give the book to someone who is sleeping rough. (You might wish to give them something small to eat along with the book)
3) Let us know which part of London you donated your book in so we can add it to our World Book Night map!
**Please aim to donate your World Book Night books within 10 days of 23rd April 2015.
PICK UP YOUR BOOK:
- TUESDAY, 21 April, Kingston University
- WEDNESDAY, 22 April, Waterloo
- CHISWICK RESIDENTS: Please get in touch with us so we can try to arrange a suitable time for you to collect your book from a location in Chiswick, if that is more convenient for you.
GET IN TOUCH:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/SpreadTheWordCampaign
- Facebook event: www.facebook.com/events/1558251491105963