Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Re:Chiswick's Gateway Tower Makes Private Eye
Posted by: Thomas Barry
Date/Time: 15/04/15 20:00:00

"What makes you think Kim Gottlieb is not a fit and proper person? "

I'm forming the impression he might not be someone I'd trust with the future of Chiswick's built environment, given the nonsense about the Octopus and the Picturehouse, but my point is more that with huge sums and lots of profit to be made there will be an awful lot of quick buck spivs around, and some more regulation might be a good idea.

"Although the Gateway Tower seems like a preposterous idea it has to comply with planning laws and get approval"

No it doesn't. Plenty of things get turned down at planning and overturned either by planning inspectors or called in and overruled by City Hall's planning department, who are effectively run as an arm of the property industry these days.  It may be legal, but the level of transparency and accountability in decision making leaves an awful lot to be desired.

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Chiswick's Gateway Tower Makes Private Eye15/04/15 14:58:00 Francis Rowe
   Re:Chiswick's Gateway Tower Makes Private Eye15/04/15 15:47:00 Thomas Barry
      Re:Re:Chiswick's Gateway Tower Makes Private Eye15/04/15 16:20:00 Paul Pryce
         Re:Re:Re:Chiswick's Gateway Tower Makes Private Eye15/04/15 20:00:00 Thomas Barry
      Re:Re:Chiswick's Gateway Tower Makes Private Eye15/04/15 16:54:00 Richard Greenhough
         Re:Re:Re:Chiswick's Gateway Tower Makes Private Eye15/04/15 17:05:00 Adam Beamish

Forum Home