Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Re:Chiswick's Gateway Tower Makes Private Eye
Posted by: Adam Beamish
Date/Time: 15/04/15 17:05:00

I don't want to say much at all on this thread, given my professional connections with Kim (whom I've known right back from my days in local government over 10 years ago).

However, the one point, a crucial factual point as it happens, that needs to be made is that the Winchester matter which ended up in the High Court was all about the legality of the Council's tendering/procurement process (or the lack of it) relating to a development scheme, nothing about planning merits, and the judge was extremely damning of the Council's conduct and ruled the Council had behaved unlawfully, commenting that :

"In my judgment, the Council has committed a serious breach of the procurement regime, which is both substantive and procedural in nature.

This is the second occasion upon which it has committed such a breach in the lifetime of one contract. It would be an exceptional course to allow its unlawful decision to stand."

No doubt if Kim was your local Councillor and had challenged Hounslow in the same way you'd all be singing his praises from the rooftops.

At which point I'll depart from this thread...

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Chiswick's Gateway Tower Makes Private Eye15/04/15 14:58:00 Francis Rowe
   Re:Chiswick's Gateway Tower Makes Private Eye15/04/15 15:47:00 Thomas Barry
      Re:Re:Chiswick's Gateway Tower Makes Private Eye15/04/15 16:20:00 Paul Pryce
         Re:Re:Re:Chiswick's Gateway Tower Makes Private Eye15/04/15 20:00:00 Thomas Barry
      Re:Re:Chiswick's Gateway Tower Makes Private Eye15/04/15 16:54:00 Richard Greenhough
         Re:Re:Re:Chiswick's Gateway Tower Makes Private Eye15/04/15 17:05:00 Adam Beamish

Forum Home