Forum Message

Topic: Question about The Italian Job on Devonshire Road
Posted by: Joe Wengler
Date/Time: 03/03/15 13:13:00

Hi,

As a beer lover I was happy to see The Italian Job move into the former premises of Pickwicks.  I know a lot of people miss Pickwicks but it would have been so much worse if Pickwicks had left only to be replaced by another estate agent, coffee shop or worse a popup ladies fashion boutique.

I like it in there and would go there more often except I was confused by the products on offer.  I know they have some beers that the owner himself brews in Italy and other beers that they bring in from other Italian suppliers.  However, the taps are all unfamiliar to me and there is no information seemingly available about the beer itself or the cost.

When I went in there the other day I looked for some sort of “beer menu” and couldn’t find one.  When the bartender asked me for my order I asked “how do you price the beer?”  She said it depends on what beer I wanted.  I said what kind of beer do you have?  We went back and forth till I ended up with a single hopped pilsener which was interesting.

A chalkboard with a short description and price would be helpful or perhaps a simple beer menu with a bit more info that could be printed out as the beers change would be great.

Before I get slated by one of our friendly W4 forum users for being such a grumpy old man I would pre-empt by saying that The Italian Job seems to have very detailed menus for the wine and other drinks they offer.  Just not the beer which seems odd considering it’s a beer place!

Finally, it is entirely possible that I missed the page on the menu where it provides information on the beer and if that’s the case then I really am losing it.

Thanks,

Joe

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Question about The Italian Job on Devonshire Road03/03/15 13:13:00 Joe Wengler
   Re:Question about The Italian Job on Devonshire Road03/03/15 13:59:00 Julian Pavey
      Re:Re:Question about The Italian Job on Devonshire Road03/03/15 14:53:00 Carl Wynne
         Re:Re:Re:Question about The Italian Job on Devonshire Road03/03/15 17:38:00 Claire Moran
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Question about The Italian Job on Devonshire Road03/03/15 17:43:00 Julian Pavey
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Question about The Italian Job on Devonshire Road03/03/15 18:01:00 Richard Greenhough
                  Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Question about The Italian Job on Devonshire Road03/03/15 18:35:00 Brian Coyle
                     Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Question about The Italian Job on Devonshire Road03/03/15 18:51:00 Richard Greenhough
                  Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Question about The Italian Job on Devonshire Road03/03/15 19:15:00 Julian Pavey
                     Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Question about The Italian Job on Devonshire Road03/03/15 20:00:00 Brian Coyle
                        Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Question about The Italian Job on Devonshire Road03/03/15 20:43:00 Julian Pavey
                           Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Question about The Italian Job on Devonshire Road03/03/15 22:39:00 Brian Coyle
                              Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Question about The Italian Job on Devonshire Road06/04/15 17:35:00 Michael Brown

Forum Home