Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Re:consultation process, objectors and the planning system
Posted by: Ann Williams
Date/Time: 02/02/15 11:52:00

Nicely put (both George and Vanessa).  I was at the Hounslow planning committee meeting last Thursday - my first ever to such a  meeting - and left with my heart in my boots.  What chance have ordinary residents got faced with the fact that developers have got endless money at their disposal while most local councils are seriously strapped for cash and simply can't afford repeated court processes? If developers can get away with blocks of flats almost swallowing the treasured Gunnersbury Triangle and a 12-story office block towering over the small residential roads in Acton Green, they'll hardly have too much of a problem with with the Empire House development.

We can only hope the Council at least have the strength to force a better thought-out development from Lend Lease.

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
consultation process, objectors and the planning system02/02/15 09:29:00 George Turner
   Re:consultation process, objectors and the planning system02/02/15 09:54:00 Claire Moran
      Re:Re:consultation process, objectors and the planning system02/02/15 10:56:00 Vanessa Smith
         Re:Re:Re:consultation process, objectors and the planning system02/02/15 11:52:00 Ann Williams
            Re:Re:Re:Re:consultation process, objectors and the planning system02/02/15 21:41:00 Tom Lakin
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:consultation process, objectors and the planning system03/02/15 11:34:00 Iris Hill

Forum Home