Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Re:How Hounslow Monitors Hounslow Highways
Posted by: Guy Lambert
Date/Time: 01/02/15 12:04:00

Along with various others I have volunteered as a 'lay assessor' for Hounslow Highways. There are around a dozen covering the Borough.

We were trained in what I assume is the standardised assessment regime, litter, detritus, graffiti, flyposting and the idea is we inspect areas of our own choosing in our 'patch' (mine is mainly Brentford) and send in reports on the state of play.

I confess I haven't been as active as I intended, but turning up for a review just before Christmas and feeling a little embarrassed about that, I discovered that I was one of only 4 of the assessors to have submitted any report at all - and none of those 4 was from Chiswick.

Rather to my surprise, when I have inspected I've found little to criticise. From the other assessors,it seems there are certain roads - or more often limited stretches of roads (largely main routes) - that need to be swept more often, and a few hot spots which are often areas where there is some doubt as to who's responsible (EG around stations). There is some graffiti on rail bridges which would take minutes to remove but Network Rail/tfl aren't interested and HH are not allowed to touch them for theoretical fear that they'd damage the structure and safety.

The jury is still out about whether this lay assessing is worth the trouble but I will persist with it. It's a pity that the Chiswick assessors appear to have given up. Our territory is informal and there's nothing to stop me submitting a report on Chiswick. If you'd like to point me to a road/area that is a particular problem I would try and have a look at it.

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
How Hounslow Monitors Hounslow Highways31/01/15 15:41:00 Iris Hill
   Re:How Hounslow Monitors Hounslow Highways31/01/15 16:11:00 Vanessa Smith
      Re:Re:How Hounslow Monitors Hounslow Highways01/02/15 11:38:00 Iris Hill
         Re:Re:Re:How Hounslow Monitors Hounslow Highways01/02/15 12:04:00 Guy Lambert
            Re:Re:Re:Re:How Hounslow Monitors Hounslow Highways01/02/15 14:11:00 Iris Hill
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:How Hounslow Monitors Hounslow Highways01/02/15 14:59:00 Guy Lambert
                  Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:How Hounslow Monitors Hounslow Highways01/02/15 16:44:00 Iris Hill
                     Re:How Hounslow Monitors Hounslow Highways02/02/15 12:48:00 Philippa Bond
                        Re:Re:How Hounslow Monitors Hounslow Highways02/02/15 12:56:00 Iris Hill
                           Re:Re:Re:How Hounslow Monitors Hounslow Highways02/02/15 13:19:00 Philippa Bond

Forum Home