Forum Message

Topic: Trouble on the 12th day of Christmas
Posted by: John Hickman
Date/Time: 23/12/14 20:03:00

On the twelfth day of Christmas I had been out celebrating with my true love. Unbeknownst to me she had arranged a surprise for my return.

As I opened the front door I saw Twelve Drummers Drumming and boy they were making a hell of a row. This mightn’t have been so bad if there weren’t also Eleven Pipers Piping and they were out of tune. Some of the Drummers and Pipers had joined the Ten Lords a Leaping all over the Nine Ladies Dancing and the Eight Maids a Milking - possibly explaining the noise the Drummers were making and the Pipers being out of tune. This was a scene fit even for those of a less imaginative persuasion. To add to the confusion there were Seven Swans a Swimming in the swimming pool as well as Six Geese a Laying eggs all over the place. What with the drumming Drummers, piping Pipers, leaping Lords, dancing Ladies trampling over the eggs and the Maids spilling their milk (well, so would you if you were being leapt by all those Lords, Pipers and Drummers) you can imagine the mess - especially since some had fallen into the swimming pool.

To make matters worse, there Five Golden Rings being occupied by Four Calling Birds, Three French Hens and Two Turtle Doves. With the limited space on the rings you don’t want to know what they were getting up to but the production of eggs a few weeks hence didn’t look like it was going to be a problem.

All this was being overseen from the outside by a bloated Partridge in the Pear Tree. I never knew partridges ate pears but the effect of all that fruit on the partridge was easy to see under the pear tree.

The moral of the story is - don’t go out with your true love on the twelfth day of Christmas as you don’t know what will greet you on your return ….

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Trouble on the 12th day of Christmas23/12/14 20:03:00 John Hickman
   Re:Trouble on the 12th day of Christmas23/12/14 20:19:00 Keith Iddon
      Re:Re:Trouble on the 12th day of Christmas23/12/14 20:32:00 John Hickman
         Re:Re:Re:Trouble on the 12th day of Christmas23/12/14 20:39:00 Keith Iddon
   Re:Trouble on the 12th day of Christmas24/12/14 13:35:00 Richard Greenhough

Forum Home