Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Charing Cross A&E "good", St Mary's A&E "inadequate" says CQC inspection of Imperial's hospitals
Posted by: Philippa Bond
Date/Time: 22/12/14 05:46:00

I too have spent a whole day I had to take off work waiting for a small op.  Nobody told me that the surgeon had already left and was not doing any further operations that day (although he had warned. me that he might not get around to me).  I too kept on asking as the hours went by but nobody admitted to knowing...  It seems that there was a passing of the buck regarding this which I think shows a lack of teamwork - and this is a teaching hospital.

I believe when this happens then you are supposed to receive a new appointment time within a certain number of weeks but only those in the know would know that.  For most outsiders hospital is a very weird planet to visit with a completely different sense of time and organisation to the rest of our lives. 

I am surprised Andy that your blood glucose levels weren't checked.  In our experience of the health service and diabetes (not CXH) those are checked regularly when you are in hospital and then once a year when you are not.  I came to the conclusion that this was either a) because there were lots of students and this was something they could be tasked with or b) they were worried about the situation that could ensue while you were in their care and if you were diabetic and they weren't keeping an eye on it. 

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Charing Cross A&E "good", St Mary's A&E "inadequate" says CQC inspection of Imperial's hospitals21/12/14 18:58:00 Una Hodgkins
   Re:Charing Cross A&E "good", St Mary's A&E "inadequate" says CQC inspection of Imperial's hospitals21/12/14 19:01:00 Jean F Fernandez
      Re:Re:Charing Cross A&E "good", St Mary's A&E "inadequate" says CQC inspection of Imperial's hospitals21/12/14 19:22:00 Una Hodgkins
         Re:Re:Re:Charing Cross A&E "good", St Mary's A&E "inadequate" says CQC inspection of Imperial's hospitals21/12/14 20:00:00 Andy Pease
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Charing Cross A&E "good", St Mary's A&E "inadequate" says CQC inspection of Imperial's hospitals21/12/14 21:21:00 Una Hodgkins
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Charing Cross A&E "good", St Mary's A&E "inadequate" says CQC inspection of Imperial's hospitals21/12/14 21:47:00 Andy Pease
                  Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Charing Cross A&E "good", St Mary's A&E "inadequate" says CQC inspection of Imperial's hospitals21/12/14 22:57:00 Una Hodgkins
                     Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Charing Cross A&E "good", St Mary's A&E "inadequate" says CQC inspection of Imperial's hospitals21/12/14 23:52:00 Andy Pease
                        Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Charing Cross A&E "good", St Mary's A&E "inadequate" says CQC inspection of Imperial's hospitals22/12/14 05:46:00 Philippa Bond
                           Re:Charing Cross A&E "good", St Mary's A&E "inadequate" says CQC inspection of Imperial's hospitals22/12/14 11:51:00 Paul Allen
                              Re:Re:Charing Cross A&E "good", St Mary's A&E "inadequate" says CQC inspection of Imperial's hospitals22/12/14 12:32:00 Susan Kelly
                                 Re:Re:Re:Charing Cross A&E "good", St Mary's A&E "inadequate" says CQC inspection of Imperial's hospitals22/12/14 15:15:00 Paul Allen
                                    Re:Re:Re:Re:Charing Cross A&E "good", St Mary's A&E "inadequate" says CQC inspection of Imperial's hospitals22/12/14 17:49:00 Susan Kelly

Forum Home