Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Volunteering with the elderly over Christmas
Posted by: R Rees Williams
Date/Time: 27/11/14 18:11:00

I'm a member of the Age UK Hounslow befriending scheme and it's wonderful. Simply put, I've been matched with an elderly friend in Chiswick and we meet up once a week for a coffee and a chat. I can't recommend is highly enough. As an ex local authority gardener of some 37 years, I'm also getting some great 'free' advice on my roses!

I also run a local group for contact the elderly. Sadly, I've got a full compliment of elderly guests and volunteers so can't take anymore at present. However, there are other groups in the area, so I'd be happy to help you either join us or introduce an elderly friend, neighbour or relative to the charity.

In both cases, please email me on roy.reeswilliams@nexencnoocltd.com for further information.

If I remember correctly, Age UK Hounslow have sizable group of elderly people looking for friendship. So why not start you New Years resolution in December?

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Volunteering with the elderly over Christmas27/11/14 01:12:00 Alice Rebecca Wawrik
   Re:Volunteering with the elderly over Christmas27/11/14 10:17:00 Anne England
   Re:Volunteering with the elderly over Christmas27/11/14 10:35:00 Janet Norman
   Re:Volunteering with the elderly over Christmas27/11/14 15:51:00 Mark Sherred
      Re:Re:Volunteering with the elderly over Christmas27/11/14 18:11:00 R Rees Williams

Forum Home