Forum Message

Topic: A BIG Thank-you to Hounslow Animal Welfare (HAWS)
Posted by: Marlene Plimley
Date/Time: 26/11/14 18:50:00

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to say the biggest THANK-YOU to  Hounslow Animal Welfare for coming to the rescue of this little cat |(see my pevious thread) despite the fact that as usual they have limited or no space for any more stray animals.

I want to add that every Christmas holiday season we are besieged with appeals from charities to support worthy causes. If you love animals and particularly cats, this year, consider a donation to HAWS, your local animal welfare charity.   The reason is that this small charity in so many cases always 'steps up to the plate.' They respond to our calls to help rescue and house mother cats and kittens, take feral cats off the street to give them medical check ups and neuter them and home unwanted and newly found cats.

The people who run these charities, as well as the volunteers and local residents are generous with their time and their resources from baking cakes for summer fetes to fostering cats and kittens but expenses such as providing food, vets’ fees for neutering, surgery, boarding, diagnostic tests etc. are substantial.

Sadly the number of stray, abandoned and feral cats in West London has reached crisis point. HAWS  and many more are overwhelmed and need our help. Even the smallest donation will help. I know they have a food drop box at Pets at Home in Brentford and one at Sainsbury's Chiswick. There are many ways to donate via their website and their facebook page as well.

www.haws-animals.org.uk

www.facebook.com/HounslowAnimalWelfareSociety

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
A BIG Thank-you to Hounslow Animal Welfare (HAWS)26/11/14 18:50:00 Marlene Plimley
   Re:A BIG Thank-you to Hounslow Animal Welfare (HAWS)26/11/14 19:03:00 Pete Mayes
      Re:Re:A BIG Thank-you to Hounslow Animal Welfare (HAWS)26/11/14 19:44:00 Claire Moran
         Re:Re:Re:A BIG Thank-you to Hounslow Animal Welfare (HAWS)27/11/14 08:19:00 Susan Jacques
            Re:Re:Re:Re:A BIG Thank-you to Hounslow Animal Welfare (HAWS)27/11/14 11:31:00 Carol Burge
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:A BIG Thank-you to Hounslow Animal Welfare (HAWS)27/11/14 12:29:00 Louise Cole
                  Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:A BIG Thank-you to Hounslow Animal Welfare (HAWS)28/11/14 10:40:00 Carol Burge

Forum Home