Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Ruth Cadbury Challenges Mary Macleod On NHS / Chelsea and Westminster Report "Raises More Doubt" abo
Posted by: Steve Taylor
Date/Time: 09/11/14 19:57:00

I am not sure what  West Middlesex is playing at.  I had to take my wife there 3 weeks ago at approx  8.30pm on a Saturday night.  Reception told us there was a 4 hour wait even though it didn’t look too busy. They asked us if we wanted to wait!!  Not sure what they expected us to say....why would we go to A&E if we didn’t  think we needed a Doctor?  The whole time we waited the TV screens reminded us that there was a  4 hour wait.  As far as I could see some people who arrived after us who were  deemed to be ‘more urgent’  were seen within half an hour to an hour.  I didn’t have a problem with that as I fully appreciate some issues are more urgent than others.  My wife was seen after about 2 hours and by that time there were only 4 patients waiting. However, the TV screens still ‘warned’ people that the waiting time was 4 hours.  As we were leaving the reception was still telling newcomers that the wait would be  4 hours even though she could clearly see there were very few people still waiting.  Why would they do that?  Is it to try prove a point regarding statistics or......???    I really can’t figure out the motivation in wanting to make poorly people more anxious

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Ruth Cadbury Challenges Mary Macleod On NHS / Chelsea and Westminster Report "Raises More Doubt" abo09/11/14 10:38:00 Una Hodgkins
   Re:Ruth Cadbury Challenges Mary Macleod On NHS / Chelsea and Westminster Report "Raises More Doubt" abo09/11/14 12:07:00 Vanessa Smith
      Re:Re:Ruth Cadbury Challenges Mary Macleod On NHS / Chelsea and Westminster Report "Raises More Doubt" abo09/11/14 19:57:00 Steve Taylor
   Re:Ruth Cadbury Challenges Mary Macleod On NHS / Chelsea and Westminster Report "Raises More Doubt" abo11/11/14 18:11:00 Robert Fish

Forum Home