Forum Message

Topic: Re:I need my curtains dry cleaned
Posted by: Michael Moran
Date/Time: 03/11/14 07:57:00

Hi Rachel

Feel free to call either Billy or myself on 020 8995 9813 and we should be able to give you an idea of how much we charge, we charge by the square meter and the price depends on Material and if the curtains are lined / interlined / black out lining etc.

Any good dry cleaner should inspect them carefully and advise you of the possibility of sun fade, lining failure and shrinkage (manufacturers advise max 2%). We use the best equipment and have decades of experience so do everything we can to mitigate theses issues and I guess must be doing a fair job because we're still here after 45 plus years.

My "Top Tip" would be that, if you can look at the “Chemical” that your items will be cleaned in, most High Street Dry Cleaners will have two tanks on the front of their machine, one should look as clear as water and the second if not the same should at most look like it has a little lime juice in it. If it is darker or even black that is other peoples dirt suspended in the chemical that in theory will clean your items!

The classic “My items have gone grey” is just dirt from other peoples clothes redeposited on to your clothes.

Mike
tophatchiswick.co.uk

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
I need my curtains dry cleaned 02/11/14 14:59:00 Rachel Dwyer
   Re:I need my curtains dry cleaned 02/11/14 17:05:00 Marjan Lee
      Re:Re:I need my curtains dry cleaned 02/11/14 17:48:00 Sam Reardon Smith
         Re:Re:Re:I need my curtains dry cleaned 02/11/14 19:23:00 Cindy Carloss
   Re:I need my curtains dry cleaned 03/11/14 07:57:00 Michael Moran
      Re:Re:I need my curtains dry cleaned 03/11/14 09:52:00 Anna Beck
         Re:Re:Re:I need my curtains dry cleaned 03/11/14 09:54:00 Michael Moran

Forum Home