Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Tube drivers to vote on strike over colleague 'sacked for drinking on the job'
Posted by: Nigel Brooks
Date/Time: 31/10/14 11:50:00

Alcohol consumption by railway staff on railway premises has always been a 'summary dismissal' event.

I worked with ATOC as a consultant some years ago and even 'external' contractors like myself had this drummed into us. You could drink but not enter railway premises if you had consumed alcohol.

I recall going for a 'swift half' (and that is all it was) after a long, long week working in Plymouth, with a chap who had been really helpful in completing a phase of the programme and then not being allowed back into the premises to collect my laptop which had to be located and brought to me in the street. The chap I was with was clear, very clear, that his job was at risk if he had gone to get it for me and, you guessed it, I missed my damned train home!

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Tube drivers to vote on strike over colleague 'sacked for drinking on the job' 31/10/14 10:37:00 Leslie Wilson
   Re:Tube drivers to vote on strike over colleague 'sacked for drinking on the job' 31/10/14 11:02:00 Vanessa Smith
      Re:Re:Tube drivers to vote on strike over colleague 'sacked for drinking on the job' 31/10/14 11:50:00 Nigel Brooks
         Re:Re:Re:Tube drivers to vote on strike over colleague 'sacked for drinking on the job' 31/10/14 15:41:00 Vanessa Smith
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Tube drivers to vote on strike over colleague 'sacked for drinking on the job' 31/10/14 16:53:00 Nigel Brooks

Forum Home