Forum Message

Topic: Re:Missing Black Bombay Cat named Olive
Posted by: Katie Willis
Date/Time: 24/09/14 11:42:00

Any news on Olive yet? I recently helped find my neighbour's missing cat. He was missing three weeks so don't give up hope. Anyway, along the way I learned a few things from experienced cat catching and trapping folk. I'm not sure if they will help you, but I'd like to share them.
Cats that run away are often closer then you think. Probably not more than a four house radius. Also cats can fit in really small spaces so check everywhere. Most times they are hiding low to the ground too. Generally because they're frightened they will lie low all day and only venture out for food when it's quiet. So that's very late at night or in the early hours. It was very late at night that we first caught sight of the neighbour's missing cat briefly run out from under some bushes and then run back again. Also observing the pattern of other local cats can be helpful. Is there a local person who puts out food for cats? Do the other cats tend to hang out in certain places? Your cat may tag along with them sometimes, but at a safe distance.
Sorry, I know how hard it is. I really hope you find her soon.

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Missing Black Bombay Cat named Olive22/09/14 19:05:00 Nathalie Gibson
   Re:Missing Black Bombay Cat named Olive22/09/14 19:19:00 Colin Wren
      Re:Re:Missing Black Bombay Cat named Olive22/09/14 19:27:00 Nathalie Gibson
   Re:Missing Black Bombay Cat named Olive24/09/14 11:42:00 Katie Willis
   Re:Missing Black Bombay Cat named Olive24/09/14 22:55:00 Nathalie Gibson
      Re:Re:Missing Black Bombay Cat named Olive24/09/14 23:01:00 Pete Mayes
   Re:Missing Black Bombay Cat named Olive25/09/14 10:34:00 Katie Willis

Forum Home