Forum Message

Topic: PCN received from private car parking co
Posted by: Trudie Fuller
Date/Time: 31/08/14 02:08:00

I've just returned home and am really distressed to find a £60 PCN from a company called Vehicle Control Services.  Two weeks ago at the Ivybridge Retail Park privately operated Car Park, seemingly I overstayed by 45 mins.   They show a picture of my car entering the car park and another as I left, just after 6.30pm.  I must admit I did not see any notices about max. 2hrs stay but then I wasn't really looking.   During my shopping trip I moved the car from one end of the parade to the far end by another store - perhaps I should have exited and re-entered but I didn't think to do so.

I am furious, I've never been to Ivybridge before and I spent over £70 at 3 stores there on this my first visit.   I was advised to go there for trainers.  There was a sale on. The store was packed with parents and their kids, it also being the school holidays and I had quite a wait before I could find an assistant to serve me. Then it took a long time to find a suitable pair of trainers for me.  They're the ugliest things I've ever purchased and I really hated having to fork out the £60 odd for them(and that was the heavily discounted sale price) and now I've incurred a £60 fine on top!!!  I also visited 2 other stores, both had sales on and were busy so I had to wait for a free assistant.   In both stores I made additional purchases.  I was shopping at the stores within the Ivybridge Retail Park for the entire length of my stay but am being penalized for being a customer - that hardly makes business sense!

Do I have to pay this PCN of £60 or can I just ignore it? Perhaps I should take the PCN into the Sports shop with my credit card receipt and ask them to deal with the parking company.  I paid cash in the other 2 stores and no longer have the receipts.    I shall be grateful for any advice.

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
PCN received from private car parking co31/08/14 02:08:00 Trudie Fuller
   Re:PCN received from private car parking co31/08/14 05:37:00 Leslie Wilson
      Re:Re:PCN received from private car parking co31/08/14 11:54:00 Trudie Fuller
         PCN received from private car parking co31/08/14 14:09:00 Joy Griffiths
            Re:PCN received from private car parking co31/08/14 14:16:00 Trudie Fuller
               Re:Re:PCN received from private car parking co03/09/14 23:22:00 Trudie Fuller
                  Re:Re:Re:PCN received from private car parking co04/09/14 00:24:00 Pete Mayes

Forum Home