Forum Message

Topic: Parking Tickets in Hospital , Retail Parks , etc
Posted by: Pete Mayes
Date/Time: 03/08/14 15:54:00

Dont get a touch of the vapours on the mention of  the daily mail but this week they have run a fantastic campaign against bullying Parking monoliths at hospital car parks ,retail parks etc ,they pursue in outrageous fashion using so called bailiff outfits that do not exist etc.
A letter was printed from someone who teaches transport law at a london uni.

This will be a labour of love as this cannot be cut and pasted,im typing as i read so excuse typos,I think its brilliant.Maybe cut and paste the following and keep for a later date if you need it,here we go!!He and his wife overstayed a tescos by 5 minutes she had a broken foot at the time.they never heard a thing.

Dear sir/madamas the registerd keeper of (vehicle and reg)i am in receipt of a letter from you (ref no)in this letter you request from me as keeper of aforsaid vehicle a sum of £70.you are aware that a contract if any was enetered into by the driver of the vehicle and not by me as registered keeper.You are obliged to place ample and appropiate signageabout the carpark to make those persons using the facilities aware of those terms.The signs must be clear and unambiguousand must not be obscured faded or impossible to read.You understand that the onus is on YOU the claimant in a civil action to prove your case.I am not required to tell you who the driver was.It is YOU who must supply evidence as to the identity of the driver and not the other way round.
I would also like to know what authority you have from your alleged principle tesco to write to mer in such fashion and whether it gives you the necessary power of attorney to instigate a civil action on their behalf.
I am sure you are aware of the provisions of S40 of the criminal justice act and of satutory instrument 2083 of 1999.
Therefore i require from you the following information.
1 the identity of the driver of said vehicle
2 proof that you have authority you are suggesting you have. If you are unable to provide me with 1 and 2 above please do not contact me again or it might constitute an offence under the protection from harrasement act 1997 Yours faithfully....

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Parking Tickets in Hospital , Retail Parks , etc03/08/14 15:54:00 Pete Mayes
   Re:Parking Tickets in Hospital , Retail Parks , etc03/08/14 21:19:00 Adam Beamish
      Re:Re:Parking Tickets in Hospital , Retail Parks , etc03/08/14 21:34:00 Pete Mayes
         Re:Re:Re:Parking Tickets in Hospital , Retail Parks , etc03/08/14 21:38:00 Pete Mayes
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Parking Tickets in Hospital , Retail Parks , etc03/08/14 22:00:00 Pete Mayes
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Parking Tickets in Hospital , Retail Parks , etc03/08/14 22:57:00 Adam Beamish

Forum Home