|General areas of responsibility
• Follow and comply with all the School’s safeguarding procedures, along with the
other policies, staff handbook and procedures.
• Attend weekly staff meetings, Monday morning briefing, assemblies, INSET
days, parent meetings and other school events (when required).
• Ensure that all communication with parents/carers is appropriate and timely.
• Supervise after school clubs.
• Undertake other specific duties as requested by the Headmistress or SLT (School
• Carry out duties, including playground and lunch supervision, walking with and
accompanying pupils to activities away from the main school building (e.g. Pe,
swimming, music etc.).
• Cover for absent colleagues, when required.
• Maintain an orderly and purposeful atmosphere in the classroom and around
the school. Ensure good management and tidiness of the classroom/other
• Remind pupils to adhere to the School rules and the behaviour policy.
Specific duties of a Class Teaching Assistant
supporting all pupils in and out of the classroom
working with individual or groups of pupils as directed by the class teacher
taking a group or individual children as required by the class teacher or
SENDCo for reading, spelling support and other intervention sessions
(before, after or during the school day)
giving appropriate support to any pupils with SpLD needs, either physical,
behavioural or educational, as directed by SENDCo
supporting individuals, small groups and whole class work
carrying out routine tasks, e.g., preparing materials and setting up daily
resources for the day ahead
assisting teachers and other staff, as required
supporting the class teacher or other member of staff (as applicable)
recording observations of children regularly and communicating this to the
supervision of pupils out of class (e.g., lunch time, playground, after/before
accompanying class trips
photocopying and management of resources
first aid (in school and on trips)
creating and updating classroom displays, as directed by class teacher
assisting with road crossings and transitions between buildings (to take
priority over other duties)
Further duties for Early Years
recording observations using the online profile
helping to organise materials used in all lessons
supporting individual pupils, groups or the class, while the teacher works
with a group of children/individual
supporting in other specialist lessons as required, e.g., accompanying
classes to Swimming or PE lessons off site, computing, music
taking groups in sport/playtime activities
participating in, and contributing to, team planning, self-evaluation and
training in various areas of the curriculum and in the provision of pastoral
helping to plan the activities for indoor and outdoor play and contributing
observations and notes to EYFS online profiles
|Type : ||Wanted|
|Price : |
|Date Placed : ||30/11/2022|
|Contact : ||Carol D'Praser|
|Phone : ||02089941804 |