Start date: September 2021
Full time (5 days per week)
Salary: Scale 7-10 of the NJC pay scale
Thomson House School is looking for an enthusiastic and reliable person(s) with a courteous, friendly, and approachable manner to join our administration team.
We are seeking a School Administrator to assist with the day to day running of the School Office. Working as a key member of the team, you will be front of house in one of our two school offices. This is a crucial role that will require you to enjoy working in a busy environment, supporting pupils, parents and staff.
The role is term time only (37 weeks per year).
The salary is NJC Point 7-12: GBP £19,595 - £21,422
The School Office is open from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
Although we are looking for someone to work full time, we are open to discussions about days / hours – we just need to ensure the office is covered during the stated hours.
You will be responsible for:
• Admissions arrangements
• Communications with parents
• Administering the extra-curricular clubs programme
• Providing administrative support to the School Business Manager and Senior Leadership team
• Carrying out administrative duties on ParentPay, ScholarPack (MIS), Microsoft 365 (including excel and word). Training will be provided on school systems.
• Keeping accurate records of medical and dietary requirements of pupils.
• Welcoming parents and visitors to the school
• Responding to queries, emails and phone calls
• Daily routines - checking registers, monitoring absence, confirming dinner numbers, dealing with minor first aid and medicines, registering visitors, taking and checking deliveries
Our ideal candidate will have:
• Experience of working in a similar role in a school (an advantage but not essential)
• Experience of working in a busy office (receptionist role, human resources or finance)
• Attention to detail, be organised and flexible
• Excellent communication skills
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Strong time management skills and ability to prioritise a wide-ranging workload
• Possess a calm, courteous, professional manner
• Maintain confidentiality at all times when dealing with parents and staff
• Be first aid trained or willing to undertake Paediatric 1st Aid training
• Work well as part of a team with a good sense of humour
To apply, please complete our application form and include a supporting letter of not more than one side outlining your motivation and relevant experience. Please email your letter and completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visits to the school are possible, outside of school hours. If you would like to discuss the role/ hours, please email email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Monday 26th July at 12.00, midday.
Interviews will take place on Friday 30th July
We reserve the right to interview suitable applicants apply.
THS is committed to safe recruitment practices and is an Equal Opportunities Employer.